Ultrascan today: So cool!!!

iVillage Member
Ultrascan today: So cool!!!
Thu, 02-11-2010 - 6:56pm

I'm trying to hold myself back from getting too excited, but this is my first time experiencing all this. What a difference between this and the scan I had at 6 wks (and on

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-11-2010 - 9:53pm
Karen, I'm so pleased to hear how well your ultrasound went today. You're absolutely right; it's truly amazing what is visible (and what they techs can see/detect) at this stage of your pregnancy. I had a fetal echo cardiogram done at about 21 weeks and it amazed me that the tech and the doc could identify the chambers of the heart, the bladder, the kidneys and so many other small things that looked like just varying degrees of gray and black. But once the official diagnostic scan was over, the tech spent a few extra minutes showing us each chamber of the heart, the bladder, the kidneys, etc.. It's just amazing. Thanks for updating us on how the scan went. And I'm glad your nerves were calmed by the fact the doc had trouble finding the heartbeat (that just doesn't sound right, but you know what I mean). : ) Anyway, take care and best wishes to you. Keep the updates coming!

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-12-2010 - 8:08am
My nerves were calmed by the fact that the heartbeat registered 157 bpm during the ultrasound- and I got to hear it loud and clear. The part with the doc/intern having trouble finding it just told me it may be still early to try at home on my own. The reason I don't want to get too excited is because I don't have the full results yet, but I was very happy with what I got to see/hear. And even the tech was careful to point out that if the results come back and put me/the baby at higher risk, that isn't a diagnosis.
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-12-2010 - 8:29am
I knew what you meant. : ) Keep us posted.

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-14-2010 - 1:38pm
That is soooo awesome Karen, I got excited just reading about it.
Pregnancy%20ticker