Faint lines now gone

iVillage Member
Faint lines now gone
Wed, 02-17-2010 - 11:22am

Just thought I'd mention that after a dozen pregnancy tests, they've gone blank.

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-17-2010 - 1:05pm

Not to give you false hope or anything but I have been told that after a certain time (or HCG level) the home pregnancy sticks are no longer valid.

Susan L.

Robert Edward Xavier Lin - Born July 31, 2010 at 5:56AM, 6 pounds 4 ounces and 19 inches long. He spent 2 weeks in the NICU but he's doing great now!
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-17-2010 - 2:09pm
Hi there. I've been wondering about you so thanks so much for updating us. Have you called your doc's office? This situation may warrant a quick phone call to find out what may be going on. I don't know much about what triggers a positive pregnancy test other than a true pregnancy and I certainly don't know if or when it will no longer read positive if you're pregnant after a certain amount of time, but considering what you've recently been through, maybe put a call in to your doc. It can't hurt -- and it will hopefully give you some peace of mind. Best wishes to you.

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-17-2010 - 2:46pm

The test I took today had absolutely no line, so I know that whatever was there is now gone.

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-17-2010 - 3:36pm
I know what you mean about being disappointed by a negative test -- especially after having seen so many positive ones. I hope you heal quickly, both emotionally and physically. Best wishes to you. Perhaps we'll see you here again someday... : )

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-20-2010 - 12:58am
I am so sorry Melinda. I was looking for an update on the TTC board and thought I would check here. Even though I was surprised to see the faint line on my test 1 1/2 years ago, I was SO disappointed when those lines went away on subsequent tests. I would say that you were definitely pregnant, just not a sticky bean. I know it will be an emotional time for you, and in light of the test results it may be hard for you to keep trying, but I want to encourage you to follow your heart. If you truly want another baby then don't give up hope. Many hugs to you in whatever you decide to do.

Michelle

Loving Mom to three

Michelle

Loving Mom to three rambunctious 

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-24-2010 - 10:37am

Melinda,

I've been gone for several days and I just now saw your post.

I am so sorry for your loss and disappointment. Sometimes there are no words.

I don't know if you have been to the doctor or not, but a blood test can confirm if you indeed were pregnant or not. Sometimes a pregnancy is only able to be confirmed via blood work b/c the hCG level is abnormal. This is typically a chemical pregnancy, but can also be a blighted ovum, or in my case an ectopic pregnancy.

Many years ago, I experienced a similar situation. I could never get a hpt to go positive, but I had abnormal bleeding and cramping that lingered. Blood work confirmed that I was indeed pregnant, but that I had miscarried. A few days later, follow-up bloodwork showed hCG RISING instead of dropping and it was then that an ectopic was confirmed.

I am thinking of you and will keep you in my prayers,

Valerie