Ultrascreen results, finally!!!

iVillage Member
Ultrascreen results, finally!!!
Thu, 03-11-2010 - 1:01pm

Finally learned my Ultrascreen results after a month, and everything came back in the normal range. I know that's not a diagnosis, but I feel comfortable with the outcome. And I

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-11-2010 - 10:09pm

Yeah! Such great news!!!

I'm curious...where are you located that it took so long to get blood test results? I'm in KS, a suburb of KC, and had results back in a day or so.

Not that that is any better...okay, I'm gonna stop over-analyzing everything!

Again, great news.

I have to wait until the 21-week mark with the perinatologist to do the soft-tissue marker u/s. The wait is killing me! LOL Only 2 more weeks, but feels like an eternity. We originally discussed doing both an 18-week and 21 week u/s, but decided since I had such a high risk assessment for DS that the 21 week u/s would be more conclusive.

Good luck next week...can't wait to hear how the big appt. goes!

Val

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-11-2010 - 10:45pm
YAAAAA for good results! Thanks for sharing the results with us. And I agree, it's always fun to get a peek at the little bean. Although no ultrasound can detect with 100% certainty what the baby's gender is, I've heard quite a few techs say that if they say it's a boy, it's usually right since it's hard to mistake the little penis for something else whereas if they say it's a girl, there's more of a possibility that the little peepee was just not visible due to the angle of the scan, the position of the baby, etc.. I will say, however, that with our first daughter, at our 20 week ultrasound the technician confidently stated "Now that's a girl! There's her labia and her bum cheeks." And sure enough, they were plain as day once the technician pointed them out to us. You just never know what will be captured in those ultrasounds... : )

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-12-2010 - 9:39am

I live in rural VT, but I've been going to the OB outpatient clinic at the biggest hospital in the state,

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-12-2010 - 10:47am
Ever since my NT scan, I've had a strong feeling I have a little guy in there, even though we didn't get a full shot of that area. I know mother's instincts can be off sometimes just as US gender prediction can be, but if we can get a clear shot, I agree, an obvious boy shot is probably easier to distinguish. Anyway, as long as my baby arrives safely, boy or girl, I'll be happy in the end.
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-12-2010 - 10:50am

So happy for you that your results look promising (though it sounds like you're prepared to prosper regardless of the outcome)!

For me the waiting is truly the hardest part. I'm so looking forward to getting to the point where I can take some tests and get some information.

I love having medical tests done and knowing what's going on inside my body, I'm weird like that...

Pregnancy%20ticker