20 wk US - it's a girl

iVillage Member
20 wk US - it's a girl
Mon, 03-29-2010 - 6:22pm

My 20 week ultrasound last week was great. The tech was sure the baby is a girl and she raved about how photogenic the baby is, oohing and ahhing over the little feet, so that made it a lot of fun. The tech said she didn't see anything of concern and put the baby at 13 oz. already, which I think is large for just 20 1/2 weeks. I'll be checking with my midwives this week, since I haven't received any official results yet, but all things point to a healthy baby.

My six year old noticed my baby bump for the first time in the grocery store last week and put his ear to my belly, saying he could hear the baby - so sweet! I

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-29-2010 - 9:15pm
Congratulations on having a baby girl! And double congrats that your son is excited about the baby -- AND that he's excited it's a girl! That's just great. How cute that baby girl is already photogenic, LOL. Thanks for sharing the news with us. Have you thought about names yet? It seems like the majority of us presently pregnant have discovered we're carrying boys so it's nice to see someone with a girl to mix things up a bit. I hope you're feeling well and getting all the rest you need. Best wishes to you and keep us posted on things.

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-30-2010 - 7:36am

Melinda,

Congrats on your photogenic baby girl. Glad your son also seems to be enjoying the news. My LO was on his belly for most of my level 2 US, and actually the images didn't seem to be quite as clear as during my NT scan, but it's still so much fun to get a peek at what's going on in there.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-31-2010 - 5:53pm

Yeah, congrats on a healthy baby and a GIRL!

I've got to say, I'm jealous! LOL I just found out yesterday it's a boy and I'm still warming up to the idea...just had it in my mind that this baby was a girl! My family and close friends were as shocked as I was! LOL

Best wishes,
Valerie