Update on Bleeding Post

iVillage Member
Update on Bleeding Post
Wed, 04-21-2010 - 12:24pm

Well, I had my u/s this morning. I was really thinking we would see just an empty uterus this morning. What makes this especially difficult for me is that my baby is still there but there is no heartbeat. I knew I had lost the baby, but with my other 2 m/c I had blighted ovums so, although it was very much still a loss, this seems harder for me. With the blighted ovums there was never anything to see during the u/s. I have a D&C scheduled for tomorrow...going through all the pre-op stuff with the nurses was really hard.

Anyway, this has been an emotional roller coaster for us this month...from not wanting the pregnancy, to accepting the pregnancy, to actually getting excited after seeing the hb...to today. I told my dh today that I want to try again, as crazy as that sounds. He does not. :-( I'm 44 and the chances of this happening again are probably pretty high. We already have 6 beautiful, healthy children, and really a new baby would complicate things for us so much.

Well, I don't want to get the rest of you down with my emotional ramblings. I wish each and every one of you the very best with your babies! Thanks for all your support during this time.

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-21-2010 - 3:25pm

Oh Kim, I was so saddened to read this post.

I too have experienced the blighted ovum and I understand what you mean about the different experience in disappointment. While a baby is a baby from the moment of conception...seeing a baby with a heart beat and then not is just more difficult in a way. In the end, the sadness is the same, but I think the shock of the loss is just more profound with the loss of a heart beat.

Wishing you peace as you recover both physically and emotionally and praying that you have a safe D&C.

Val

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-21-2010 - 6:12pm

Kim,

So, so sorry to hear this news. You've been a warm and welcome presence here, and I wish you nothing but the best for the future, whether or not that holds another baby. But please don't worry about getting us down, and if you need to stay here longer to cope, please do so.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-21-2010 - 10:23pm
Kim, my heart goes out to you. I'm so, so sorry you're having to go through this. Please don't be concerned about bringing anyone here down. We're here to support everyone and every situation, not just the successes and happy ones. I wish you the best always and I hope you start healing from this soon. Thank you for introducing yourself and for sharing your journey with us.
Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-23-2010 - 2:49am

Hi Kim, you must be feeling so very sad and disappointed. That must be so hard, and I'm sorry for your disappointment. Hug those kids of yours; they will help to comfort you.....

Molly

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-23-2010 - 8:37am
Kim,
I am so sorry for your loss! I lost a baby (blighted ovum) at age 43 and thought I would never have another. We tried really hard after that loss and it took a year, but I conceived again at age 44 and she was born when I was 45. Then this time, we conceived (w/o even trying) at age 46 and things are going well. So it could happen again. I wish you all the best and pray you heal quickly and have time to grieve. I know that it can be hard to have time for yourself w/ 6 kids and homeschooling. Take care.

Carol, mom to 6PhotobucketPhotobucket

Carol, mom to 7

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-23-2010 - 9:03am

Thank you everyone for your words of support and encouragement. Yesterday was probably the most difficult day of my life. I ended up miscarrying at home and it was awful. I went to the doctor and they did an u/s that showed my uterus was not completely empty so I went ahead and had the D&C. Because it was a Catholic hospital, there MUST be a Chaplin to pray over the baby and then I had to choose if I wanted to bury the child on my own or have them do it. I never expected to be asked that. It was quite devestating. I'm not sure I could endure going through this again so I will probably have my doctor insert an IUD at my 2 week follow-up appoint. My DH REALLY does not want to go through this again.

Anyway, I just wanted to thank you all for your kind words.

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-23-2010 - 9:06am
I'm so sorry you had such a traumatic experience. I hope you heal in a timely manner and are able to move on with your life; normalcy will hopefully return soon. Enjoy your family and lean on us if or whenever you feel the need to. Best wishes to you always.
Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-26-2010 - 11:52pm

I've been MIA lately and just saw this.

I'm so sorry Kim, and thinking of you. Many healing vibes are coming your way.

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-28-2010 - 11:13pm

Hi, I had an ultrasound the same day as you and didn't see much.

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-29-2010 - 6:19pm

Kim,

I'm so sorry to hear you went through the same thing I did on the same day even. I am doing much better, although it does seem that suddenly I"m surrounded by pregnant women! :-) I am blessed with the children I have and now am debating on whether or not I want to try again. My dh actually said he would be open to the idea, but I'm not so sure I could go through another m/c.

I hope you are healing, both physically and emotionally, as well. If you are going to try again, I wish you the best!!

Kim