28 weeks, 1hr glucose result

iVillage Member
28 weeks, 1hr glucose result
Thu, 05-06-2010 - 11:42pm
28 week visit today was great, baby sounds great, all measurements are good, BP was fine.

Robynne mama to Emily (3/26/99), Allison (5/13/02)

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-07-2010 - 12:37am

Hi Robynne. Thanks for sharing the results of your appointment with us. YAY for good ultrasound, measurements, and BP! You have a great way of looking at the 3 hour test. Yes, a break from the kids! Woo Hoo! It's probably a good thing that your doc is more conservative....better to be safe than to be sorry, right? When do you go for the test, do you know? Hopefully you'll get much crocheting done and it will have been a productive time regardless what the results are. Thanks again for the update.

P.S. - Your family photos are great -- everyone looks so happy!

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-07-2010 - 7:49am

I'm going for my first one-hour today. At this point, I'm really hoping I pass and don't have to go back for the three-hour. In your case, it sounds like not such a bad thing to have that extra time to yourself, though I of course hope you pass this one. Good luck.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-07-2010 - 10:32am

I will probably go in on Monday to do it, if not then, either Wed. or Thurs, it depends on my child care helper availability (my sis and BIL have classes on Tues and Fri, and my mom has radiation treatments every afternoon right now, so I have to see what works for them, too).

Robynne mama to Emily (3/26/99), Allison (5/13/02)

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-07-2010 - 8:16pm

Hi Robynne!

I too have had GD twice (ugh) and had to do an early screen with this pregnancy. And I mean reallllly early; 9-weeks! I passed with flying colors, but I'm not so sure about next week! I'm sure a lot has changed with my body due to hormone levels in the 19 weeks since then!!!

I have to agree with Joan that it's probably a good idea that your doctor is erring on the conservative side, even though it is a huge pain for us to have to sit there for 3 hours and give blood every hour on the hour! At least you have a hobby and something to occupy your time with.

My OB and I just came to an agreement...if I fail the 1-hour GLT, we're just calling it GD and I'm going to skip the 3-hour all together. Straight to the nutritionist for me!

Good luck and enjoy the crocheting!

Val