Update on what has been going on

iVillage Member
Update on what has been going on
Sat, 05-08-2010 - 6:29pm

So I had my dr. appt. this past Wed. evening. I had been a bit stressed out b/c of a leaky bladder. I was worried that what if it was fluid I was leaking instead. The dr. said well since we had to put you in the u/s room anyway for your appt., why don't we take a peak & see how the fluid level looks & then if it seems low, then we will send you to L&D for the strip test. I was okay! U/S showed that there was plenty of fluid around baby (so really do have a leaky bladder - lol!!) and she was just fine. I have attached a few pictures of her. She was sucking on her fingers & had her foot up by her head. All else looked good for the appt. The dr. also did the FFN test (it came back negative which means baby should be fine baking a while longer!). My tummy had been feeling quite tight so she tested just in case.

Then yesterday I got to go do my 3 hour glucose test. It was long but I survived. Naturally, I am always the human pin cushion! I should have only had 4 needle marks but when she went to do the last draw nothing would happen so out comes the needle & she had to stick me elsewhere - ended up with 5 needle pricks! Oh what fun that is!

Later in the afternoon, DH & I went to interview the peditrician. I have never done this before but totally liked her & I think she will work out great for our baby girl. Turns out she lives down the road from us! LOL!!!

And lastly, we went last night to pick up the baby furniture that had come in. So now we have her crib, mattress & dresser. Plus, I already had gotten the changing table earlier. DH gets to set it all up tomorrow so her nursery is almost ready! Yippee!

I am attaching a few of the u/s pictures.

Hope everyone is doing well & has a good Mother's Day!

Michelle

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-08-2010 - 7:14pm

What a little sweetie! So glad you got good news, though sorry to hear about the leaky bladder. Some of these effects of pregnancy are certainly no fun (I've recently been introduced to hemorrhoids- oh joy!), but it will all be worth it in the end. Best wishes for a worry-free 3rd trimester.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-11-2010 - 1:06am

Hi Michelle.

Photobucket