No signs of GD; slightly anemic

iVillage Member
No signs of GD; slightly anemic
Mon, 05-10-2010 - 5:23pm

Well, got the results of my blood tests done on Friday and they showed no signs of GD but some slight anemia. I don't eat red meat, haven't for years, and don't plan to start now. I've been taking prenatal supplements almost daily since early pregnancy, and there was no indication of any anemia before now. Anyway, I'm not too worried-- from what I've been told the fact that I'm anemic doesn't mean the baby's not getting what he needs but that he's taking from some of what I need. I've had this in the past, as a teen a few years after I stopped eating meat, and managed to correct the problem. My doc's prescribing an iron supplement and I think between that and beefing up (no pun intended) the B-12 and iron in my diet through other means I'll get myself back where I need to be.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-11-2010 - 3:53am
Woooo Hoooo for no GD!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-11-2010 - 6:13am

Oh, I'm not totally fine. Don't forget, I have the hemorrhoids you said you never got. And I'm already the size of a baby hippo at just over 6 ms. : )

Edited 5/11/2010 8:00 am ET by karen2010
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-12-2010 - 10:46am

Karen,

Great news on the GD! See, you were worried for nothing.

I was anemic with Mary and I am a red meat eater. Those little babies just seem to suck the life out of us! LOL Joan is right about the iron pills though...severe constipation so drink that water and bulk up on the fiber.

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-12-2010 - 4:23pm

Good news about your GD results, Karen!

I was supposed to get my GD and iron count results on Monday for my blood taken Friday, if there were problems. But since I didn't hear

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-12-2010 - 5:54pm

>>I was supposed to get my GD and iron count results on Monday for my blood taken Friday, if there were problems. But since I didn't hear anything, that means no news is good news,<<

That very likely is good news. That's how I felt when i didn't get a call soon after my NT scan. After a month, though, I got a little curious (and impatient).

Anyway, thanks for the tips about extra fiber, ladies. Especially since I've been suffering from hemorrhoids lately :(, I'll definitely keep that in mind.

Photobucket