And we have a heartbeat!

iVillage Member
And we have a heartbeat!
Fri, 05-14-2010 - 8:08am

The doctor didn't think we would be able to hear it at just 10 weeks, but she found it! How happy I felt, what a wonderful little sound!

Now here is a funny(?) story that might amuse you. Here in Italy, apparently Zofran is not used on pregnant women. (But I found a doctor who prescribed it to me anyway.) My gynecologist said "I don't doubt what Dr. L. told you, BUT if you'd just humor me and make this phone call to a special medical center in Milan that knows about drugs in pregnancy..." So I did it, I phoned that place yesterday.

The man who answered didn't even introduce himself over the phone and I felt it would be rude to say "and who exactly are you?" Still, I told him I was taking Zofran and asked him what he thought. He said "Well, that drug is not really the first choice for pregnancy nausea... and instead I advise you to take another drug called Talofen... you can take 10-12 drops of it each night before bed." Those were his words in a nutshell.

After the phone call, I googled this drug Talofen.... come to find out it's an ANTI-PSYCHOTIC DRUG!!! WTH??????? Do you think I am going to take an anti-psychotic drug for nausea? There is no way in hell!..........

Sigh, thank God for Dr. Google, otherwise God knows what I might be taking.

Molly

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-14-2010 - 9:49am
Congrats on the heartbeat! What a great sound!

Carol, mom to 6PhotobucketPhotobucket

Carol, mom to 7

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-14-2010 - 11:06pm

Yay, molly. I had the feeling you'd get to hear it!

I'm double checking everything docs have told me. They're not perfect and can make mistakes sometimes, so it doesn't hurt to ask them a question more than once, and, if something still doesn't sound right, get a second opinion.

Anyway, great to hear of your progress.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-17-2010 - 11:45pm
So glad to hear the good news! Now you can sit back and relax a bit. : )
Photobucket

Photobucket