29 week visit

iVillage Member
29 week visit
Wed, 05-26-2010 - 7:02pm
I saw my OB today for a normal appt. I was happy to hear I passed my glucose test. I will be 29 weeks tomorrow and am measuring 33 weeks. Not sure why. I haven't gained all that much weight. I go back in 2 weeks and she said if I am still measuring so big, we will move up my next u/s. I usually measure about 2 weeks ahead, but this is 4 weeks ahead. Hoping everything is okay.

Carol, mom to 6PhotobucketPhotobucket

Carol, mom to 7

iVillage Member
In reply to: emadagan
Fri, 05-28-2010 - 9:27pm

Hi Carol.

Well, you know it's not the glucose...wonder if you could be carrying extra fluid? I think that can sometimes cause one to measure ahead.

It will be interesting to hear about your ultrasound appt. I'll be thinking of you and looking for your update!

Val

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-01-2010 - 11:02am

I think having five previous pregnancies makes the uterus measure larger too.

And sometimes subsequent babies are larger. It's all good, just a variable.

I'm pregnant with our 6h, so that's my point of view.

Andy, Gerard, Sarah, Merina and Emma call me Mama,

but you can call me

KelliSue

Laugh a little - www.kellikolz.blogspot.com

pregnancy

Andy, Gerard, Sarah, Merina and Emma call me Mama,

but you can call me

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-01-2010 - 12:26pm

Hi Carol,

Sorry to hear about your measurement worries. Sounds like you've measured big with your other babies with no problems, so hopefully this is more of the same.

I had my 29 week prenatal visit last week, too. I can already tell, it is going to be very hard to wait it out til early August for Baby Girl to arrive. With my son I was pretty anxious about becoming a mom for the first time so that I had no problem waiting, even when I went past my due date. If that happens this time around, I think the wait might drive me nutso.

Let us know how things go after your next appointment.

Melinda