Doc said don't worry

iVillage Member
Doc said don't worry
Wed, 05-26-2010 - 11:13pm

Had a prenatal today and raised my concerns about the size of my belly with my doc, particularly all the comments I've been getting about how I look like I could give birth next month. He's not overly concerned about it, though, although I've measuring a few weeks past what's typical right now, he too noted that women all carry differently and that I should just ignore people's comments. I'm only up 2 lbs since my last appointment three weeks ago, and given that my belly and boobs have been getting bigger since then, think that's a good sign that I haven't gained a lot more fat since then. He will, however, do another ultrasound in two weeks to check the baby's size. So I feel better about things and having that will help reassure me even more.

Here's to healthy pregnancies, ladies!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-27-2010 - 11:04am
Glad to hear you got some assurance from your doc. And kudos to you for gaining only 2 lbs since last visit. Wow, way to go!!! Yes, it's so true -- ever woman carries her baby/ies differently so don't worry about what everyone is saying about how big you are. Be happy that that little boy inside you is growing, growing, growing. Let us know how your ultrasound goes in two weeks. Hang in there.......
Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-28-2010 - 9:18am

Glad you got some good news and another ultrasound in always nice. I too am huge this time. I have a doctor's appointment this morning and I am expecting her to give me crap. I feel like it is totally out of control. That said - the rest of me doesn't seem a whole lot bigger.

Good luck,
Lisa

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-28-2010 - 9:22pm

Glad you got some reassurance from your doc.

And just remember, how you look on the outside is not necessarily an indicator of what's going on, on the inside!

While I definitely look pregnant, and people ask when I'm due, nobody's commented on me looking like I'm ready to pop! LOL And yet at my 26-week growth scan (due to the DS scare) baby boy was already in the 60th percentile for growth.

I have my next monthly growth scan next week (June 3) at 30+ weeks, and am excited to see where we are at.

Val