OMG, I'm growing a giant baby

iVillage Member
OMG, I'm growing a giant baby
Wed, 06-09-2010 - 4:29pm

Well, I have an explanation as to why I'm carrying so big and look further along than I am.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-09-2010 - 10:16pm
Do keep in mind that u/s measurements *can* be off by as much as a pound or more sometimes.

Robynne mama to Emily (3/26/99), Allison (5/13/02)

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-09-2010 - 11:20pm

Just realized I made a mistake, I'm in week 30, not 31 yet. My doc today raised the possibility that I could be further along than my initial dating indicated, but I told him that unless it was immaculate conception, that's not possible. :)

Anyway, thanks for the kind words. I do feel all will work out it the end, no matter what kind of delivery I have.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-10-2010 - 8:41am
I think that I am growing a big baby too. But then my other babies were all in the 9 lb range. My 2nd was 9 lbs, 11 oz and I had her vaginally, naturally. I am 31 weeks today and at my appt yesterday, I was measuring 35 weeks. I have an u/s on 6/21 to check things out. But big babies are just lovely! (Once you get them out anyway, lol.)

Carol, mom to 6PhotobucketPhotobucket

Carol, mom to 7

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-10-2010 - 10:32am

Carol,

I love that he's big and healthy and it doesn't seem to be attached to any threatening medical condition. I am a bit worried if my doc automatically recommends c-section, will have to have a long talk with him about that one, but in the end will do whatever seems safest for the baby. I would like a vaginal birth if it appears possible/safe, but don't think I'm brave enough to go completely natural, especially with him looking this big-- you are one strong lady!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-11-2010 - 9:48am

Wow, Karen, that's a big boy you have in there! No wonder you feel so big -- you are, LOL! Oh, I remember that feeling all too well! And I also remember that no matter how "close" you are to delivery time, it still feels like an eternity! Hang in there, mama; you'll be fine and so will baby boy. And I tend to agree with you...whatever type of delivery gets him here safely is the best route to take!

P.S. - Although Joey wasn't big by most people's standards, he was sure big for me at .5 oz shy of 8 lbs. Lilah weighed just 6 lbs 2 oz when she was born and Eva weighed just 5 lbs 12 ozs. So 8 lbs was a big difference for me. In all honesty, however, the delivery of him wasn't any different despite the extra (almost) 2 lbs; it was just carrying him that did me in, LOL! Best wishes to you.

Photobucket

Photobucket