Have a delivery date & hope to make it!

iVillage Member
Have a delivery date & hope to make it!
Sat, 07-10-2010 - 3:04pm

Sorry I have been MIA for so long! It seems everyone is still doing okay on here. I have been so busy at work that I don't have time to do much. My feet, ankles & legs are so swollen that when I do get home from work, I just relax with them up on the couch & don't really get on the computer.

I am now at 38 weeks & 2 days. This past Wed. when I went to the dr. I finally got my scheduled delivery date. We are scheduled for Tuesday, July 20th at 8:30am. I will be 39 weeks & 5 days by then so I hope I can make it that far! However, the past two weeks I haven't moved to quite 2 cm yet. I go again this Wed. for my last dr. appt. so hopefully I won't be any further dialated so that I can make it to our scheduled date.

If I can walk & drive this coming week then Fri. the 16th will be my last day at work. I am so tired & sore but it would be nice to get one more week of pay before I go on maternity leave. It would really help out with my bills if I can do it. Then I won't go back officially until the Tues. after Labor Day.

On a positive note, I have everything ready for this little girl's arrival. I just finished buying the last few necessary items today so that makes me feel better. I didn't need much but just wanted to get them otherwise I would worry about it! LOL!! Could have gotten them after she was born but probably wouldn't feel like going out as much after the c-section so better to do it now.

Good Luck to everyone who is approaching their due date & lots of hugs & good wishes for those just beginning their journey!

Michelle

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-11-2010 - 4:42pm
Michelle, it sounds like you are ready! I think it is so much harder to be pg in the summer--the swelling seems worse! Enjoy your last week of work and I look forward to hearing all about your new little girl and her birth! It is nice to know the end is in sight. July 20 is only 10 days away!

Carol, mom to 6PhotobucketPhotobucket

Carol, mom to 7

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-15-2010 - 10:57pm

Glad to hear that all is well.

Tomorrow should be your last day at work if you haven't already delivered! (I'm a bit behind on my reading!)

That means only 5 days to ago...you lucky dog you!!! :)

Keep us posted,

Val