Oopsy Daisy...Bad Fall!

iVillage Member
Oopsy Daisy...Bad Fall!
Thu, 07-15-2010 - 11:06pm

Hi Ladies.

Once again, I've been MIA, but I have a legit excuse! LOL

Monday evening, after grocery shopping with the littles, I took a nasty spill in the garage. (Didn't see a rain puddle that formed after I put the door up and retrieved mail, trash cans, etc.)

Anyway, of course Fire Hubby was on-duty and it was after hours. I called the OB on call and he was pretty insistent that I be seen at the hospital. Fortunately, I was able to skip ER entirely and head straight up to Labor and Delivery to a triage room. They kept me for about 5 hours monitoring my contractions and performing an internal exam.

Water didnt' break, no bleeding or spotting, and contractions were sporadic/normal for that stage of pregnancy. My tush, hip, ankle, and shoulder have been sore, but that's about it!

Had regular weekly OB appt. yesterday. All continued to look good. I will be seen again this coming Monday (19th). Growth scan will be performed. If baby measures too large, c-section date will be moved up from the 29th of July.

This concerns me.

While the selfish side of me would love to deliver even earlier than July 29th, I'm worried about delivering too early. What if the growth scans are off and he isn't as big as they are estimating? My scheduled c-section is already 9-days ahead of EDD, so...

Other than that all is well. Have done a great job this past week keeping blood sugar under control, but man the contractions are terrible. This is all new to me as I have never experienced labor and/or contractions before.

That's about it,
val

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-16-2010 - 7:41am

Val,

How scary. I had a fall a little over a month ago but just got a little scrape on my knee. Glad to hear you weren't badly hurt or have real complications.

I wouldn't worry too much about the growth scans being off so much that he'd be too early. Even if he ends up being smaller than estimated (which isn't uncommon), anything after 36 weeks should be fine in terms of his overall development and isn't likely to cause major complications. Even if born today, he'd likely be fine. In my case, I am also kind of hoping the baby comes by July 27th on his own (ideally I need at least one more week from now to prepare). Even if the estimates are off, he's more than 7 lbs by now, head down, and pretty much ready to go.

Edited 7/18/2010 10:23 am ET by karen2010
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-16-2010 - 3:05pm

Hi Val,
Glad to hear you are okay after the fall. Sorry to hear about all the contractions. I hope they calm down for you!

I am scheduled for a C at 37 weeks, 5 days. My OB and peri were both fine w/ that date. I did have my 3rd baby born at 36 weeks, 3 days (by scheduled C) due to placenta previa and he was fine. I think you'd be fine if they move it up. You are only 2 weeks away anyway, and you are already 37 weeks which is considered full term.

I hope your soreness goes away and you feel better. Good job keeping your blood sugar under control. Keep us posted on what is going on w/ you.

Carol, mom to 6PhotobucketPhotobucket

Carol, mom to 7