Growth Scan/NST Today

iVillage Member
Growth Scan/NST Today
Mon, 07-19-2010 - 9:56pm

Had a follow-up growth scan this afternoon and weekly NST. All looked good and baby measured around 7 lbs 6 oz. Since growth wasn't off the charts OB didn't feel it was necessary to move up due date/surgical date.

I told her that I was pleased with the weight (Baby Boy was 6 lbs 10 days ago) and she did warn me not to get too excited about the weight. She said that b/c his head was so far down in the pelvis the sonographer could not get an accurate cephalic/head measurement so he could actually be a bit bigger than that.

I really think that his growth has slowed a bit b/c I've been doing such a great job on managing my blood sugars; especially those fasting blood sugar readings.

Now if I go into labor on my own before 7/29 that's no big deal, but it would be nice if he cooperates and stays in there until next Thursday (10 days) as my parents are traveling from St. Louis to help me with the 2 littles. I do have a middle of the night back up plan with my neighbor!

Hope everyone else is doing well. So many of us are due with in days/week of each other. I'm getting really excited!

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-20-2010 - 1:38pm

I have an NST and fluid scan appointment this afternoon (NSTs are twice weekly now), and my next growth scan scheduled for July 28. My baby boy was already estimated to be about 7.5 pounds at the last growth scan July 7, so he's likely well over 8 lbs by now and could be at least 9 by next Wednesday. If the baby comes on his own before that appointment, they might have me attempt a vaginal delivery, otherwise my doc is likely to recommend a scheduled c-sec for 39 weeks. I'm trying to make a deal with the baby that next Tues would be great timing for him to make his appearance. On the other hand, I've heard it's better to have a scheduled c-sec than an emergency one. If that route is looking likely, I'll try to have it scheduled for August 7, the last day one of my sisters will be here visiting with her family from Wisconsin. Of course, picking an exact day and time and then expecting all to go as planned can be tricky, but I've accepted that I'll have whatever kind of birth experience I was meant to.

Glad to hear your GD is under control, and try to keep up updated when you can. I agree, it's exciting that so many of us are so close now!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-20-2010 - 9:31pm

Glad to hear things are going well. That baby will be here before you know it. I have a week to go. I had my NST today too. I go 2x a week. My guy fails the NST pretty often, but then they do a biophysical profile and he always passes that right away. I have 1 more appt & NST this Friday then on to delivery next Tuesday!

I am wondering how big this guy is since I am measuring so far ahead (measured 41 weeks at 36 weeks) but they don't do any more growth scans. My babies were big--my first 2 were 8 lbs, 15.5 oz and 9 lbs, 11 oz--both vaginally, then I have had all c-sections. (originally due to placenta previa and transverse babies--nothing to do w size). Those babies were 8 lbs, 14 oz (at 36 weeks!) and 9 lbs, 1 oz, 9 lbs, 8 oz, and my "tiny" baby was 8 lbs, 9 oz. So I am thinking this guy will be 8-9 lbs. So much for IUGR in an older mom!

Carol, mom to 6PhotobucketPhotobucket

Carol, mom to 7

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-21-2010 - 8:37am
It's so great to see an update from you, Val! Great job on controlling those sugars, girl! Wow, I can't believe it's less than two weeks before your baby arrives! And yes, you're right about several of you being due around the same time -- what an exciting time! Keep us posted. I'll be thinking of you.
Photobucket

Photobucket