My last pregnant visit

iVillage Member
My last pregnant visit
Fri, 07-23-2010 - 10:45pm

Today I had my last NST and OB visit. IT is mighty hot here in PA and I am about ready to be done! My OB office is on the 3rd floor and wouldn't you know it, the elevator was out of order. And there was no a/c in the stairwell. Ugh. My blood pressure was up after climbing 3 flights of stairs. But she retook it at the end of my visit and it was back down. I was 37 weeks yesterday and am measuring 42. Can yous say "big baby!" The NST went well. I am all set to go on Tuesday for my c-section. I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 am and will have the baby about 7:30. The worst parts are getting up at 4 am so I can shower and getting the IV. After that it's all downhill!

I have a few more areas to clean up around home--like the bathroom closet is driving me nuts cause it is so messy and I want to get the whole downstairs swept and dusted. But we will see if I have the energy to get it all done.

I have to put the carseat back together and set up the swing, then I am ready! 4 more days!

Carol, mom to 6PhotobucketPhotobucket

Carol, mom to 7

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-24-2010 - 12:57am

Four days!!! I still have two weeks and 3 days till my likely scheduled c-section date, but because of the polyhydramnios and the baby dropping low in the past 24-hours, I think it's likely he'll be here before then.

Can't wait to hear about the birth and see your pics!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-24-2010 - 6:47pm

Yeah! How exciting!!! I can't wait to see your post in the "Mother's Corner" section.

I hear ya on the cleaning. I have mine all plotted out. Of course, it is taking me waaaay longer to accomplish most tasks than I think, but I'm pretty sure I'll be down by tomorrow! I finished the hardwoods, carpets, and dusting on the first floor today (Saturday) after Daddy took little man with him (little man needed a hair cut as well). Tomorrow, (Sun) I will clean Mary's room, mop their shared bathroom, do our master bath and vacuum 2nd story. 3rd story is clean and picked up as it is the new shared bedroom for the boys.

M/T/W I am hoping to just have a lot of TLC time with my 2 little ones. They are in desperate need of some mommy time. I hope to just watch some movies, work on puzzles, bake some cookies (my parents are traveling in for the birth)and read some books with them. They've been behaving so very well these past couple days for me.

I will try to be checking in on you over the next day or two...but wishing you a healthy, happy delivery on Tuesday!!!

Take care,
Val

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-24-2010 - 7:48pm
Oh, wow, Carol; your baby will be here in just 3 days! Don't overdo it with cleaning, etc.. Do what you can and don't worry about what doesn't get done. Best wishes to you -- please post pics when you have a chance.
Photobucket

Photobucket