Stick a fork in me, I'm done!

iVillage Member
Stick a fork in me, I'm done!
Mon, 07-26-2010 - 9:39pm

Tonight is my last night as a preggo over 40. Given my age (I'll be 47 in September) this may be my last preggo night ever!

I am delivering this little guy (or maybe big guy based on the size of my belly and the fact that I am measuring 5 weeks ahead) tomorrow morning by c-section. I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 am and am scheduled for 7:30 am. Packing my last minute stuff and then it's off to bed for me. I will be home on Saturday the 31st and will update you then, since I won't have internet at the hospital. I hope everyone has a good week!

I have attached a photo of my sweet DH and my huge bellied self.

Carol, mom to 6PhotobucketPhotobucket

Carol, mom to 7

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-26-2010 - 11:34pm

Carol,

I hope you check messages in the AM before you go in, but just know that if I missed you, I'm thinking of you!!! Sending lots of well wishes, positive thoughts, and good luck your way.

Can I just say you look so stinkin' cute in your picture!!! And while I have to agree with you that you are "huge" (LOL) I think you look absolutely adorable, regardless of how terrible you feel!

I know that you are measuring ahead, and that you too have a big boy in there, but I'm still sending prayers and wishes your way that all goes well with his delivery and that there are no complications. Sounds like you're confident that all will go well, and that's what's most important!!!

I had my last OB appt. today (unless you count delivery) EVAH!!! One wouldn't think I'd be so excited about this, given my history with infertility, but I have arrived at a certain peace with my family of three kiddos. Especially, since my body does not like to be pregnant, even though I do mentally/psychologically. If that makes sense.

NST and bio went well today. He always passes with flying colors and gets a 100% on his tests...ha!!! He's a "teacher's kid" LOL! Looking forward to my delivery date on Thursday morning. I'm on the exact same surgical schedule...barring I don't get bumped, by some c-section emergency!

Can't wait until you are home and can see pics of your newest blessing!

Hugs and kisses,
Val

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-27-2010 - 4:57am
Thanks Val! I'm off to the hospital now!

Carol, mom to 6PhotobucketPhotobucket

Carol, mom to 7

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-27-2010 - 9:25am

How exciting!

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-27-2010 - 11:43am

Hi Carol

I can't wait to hear about your baby! I am 6 weeks along and if things go as planned I'll be turning 47 just after my baby is born. I love to see the success of other babies in the midst of my waiting to make sure my baby is okay. Congratulations!

Wendi

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-27-2010 - 3:36pm
Carol- praying for a safe delivery! God is so good! Would love to get to know you better...Homeschooling Mom, SAHM and most important of all a Christian!
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-28-2010 - 7:49am

Carol,

I'm sure your newest addition is here by now. Congratulations-- can't wait to see pics! And by the way, my belly looks just like yours, and I still may have almost three weeks to go (though I doubt it).

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-28-2010 - 12:40pm
I'm late in responding but hoping all went well. Looking forward to hearing your birth story and seeing pics of your newest babe.
Photobucket

Photobucket