A week or less to go!!!

iVillage Member
Registered: 01-23-2010
A week or less to go!!!
6
Tue, 08-03-2010 - 6:43pm

Very excited. Today I scheduled a c-section for August 10. Couldn't schedule as an induction because, although he has been head down the past three ultrasounds, he's now turned transverse again. Although I think he could turn again, the next available date I could schedule would be at 41+ weeks, when he would most definitely hit the 11 lb mark and a c-section would then be required due to his size anyway.

So the game plan is, if I go into labor before next Tues, doc(s) will check his position and, if head down, we'll do a trial of labor. If not head down, the c-section would obviously then go forward. I am just so happy to know now there's no more than a week until, I believe, my baby boy will be here safely in my arms.

Photobucket


iVillage Member
Registered: 05-05-2010
Tue, 08-03-2010 - 9:44pm

So excited for you.

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Registered: 01-23-2010
Wed, 08-04-2010 - 12:29am

I'm excited and scared and thrilled all at once-- my first baby at 43!!! I would have been willing to let things go maybe another week without scheduling something, but wasn't comfortable with the possibility of an emergency while my doc isn't available or waiting till 41+ weeks past due. This still leaves both options open for now, and I believe will get my baby boy here safely in the end, like I said, one way or another.

Photobucket


iVillage Member
Registered: 07-15-2005
Wed, 08-04-2010 - 10:00am

Excellent plan, Karen. You seem a lot less anxious. Good Luck...hoping you do go into labor on your own, but mostly, just hoping for a healthy baby and a healthy mom.


KUP.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Registered: 01-23-2010
Wed, 08-04-2010 - 12:13pm

So far I've busted two more myths, about women over 40 tending to have low-birth weight babies and pre-term labor. With the baby estimated at 9 lbs 1 oz more than a week ago and probably in the 10 lb range by next Tues (don't think the measurements are too off in my case because of my enormous belly even though the level of polyhydramnios has dropped somewhat from two weeks ago), and safely beyond 38 weeks now (so considered full-term), neither of those generalizations apply to me.


Photobucket


iVillage Member
Registered: 12-08-2009
Fri, 08-06-2010 - 12:39pm

So excited for you, Karen!

Can't wait to read you post about Baby Boy's arrival!

Thinking of you and hoping that you do get that trial/vaginal delivery, but if not c-sections are not the end of the world! :)

Val

iVillage Member
Registered: 01-23-2010
Fri, 08-06-2010 - 4:12pm

It's looking less likely I'll have that trial. He seems to be staying firm where he is, his butt sticking out on one side of my belly and his head on the other. He still moves quite a bit, but it seems he likes that basic position, and the bigger he gets, the harder it will be 4 him to turn head down again. I've had no signs of the plug yet or water breaking, though I know that could all happen very quickly (or sometimes not at all on its own, even with a vaginal birth), but even if I go into labor in the next three days, it could be a c-sec anyway.

As I've said, I just want him here safely-- that's my main concern. I'm a little sad I won't get to hold him immediately, but I suppose I'll get over it once I do get to hold him!

Photobucket