Amazingly Calm

iVillage Member
Amazingly Calm
Mon, 08-09-2010 - 10:22am

The past few days I have had an overwhelming sense of calm come over me as I prepare to meet my baby boy tomorrow. Of course, I have all the normal concerns-- hoping he comes out healthy without any major complications. But I've made complete peace with the method of delivery he'll have-- by planned c-section, and as I feel him still lying sideways in my belly, I know I made the right choice given the information available. I understand the arguments about c-sections being overdone, but I honestly think he'll be safer this way, given the current risks I have for attempting a vaginal birth (and again, his position makes induction out of the question).

By this time tomorrow, I should be holding him. I'm not sure I'll always know exactly what to do with him-- at times I've felt so completely clueless when thinking ahead about that. But he's taught me so much already, I feel sure I'll work hard to give him all the love and nurturing he needs. As in other times during my pregnancy, I feel amazingly calm and at peace.

Wondering if others here experienced this feeling of calm right before giving birth.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
In reply to: karen2010
Mon, 08-09-2010 - 12:59pm

Hey Karen, I was going to shout out to you to see how you were holding up...glad to see that you are doing amazingly well! Good for you. So

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-09-2010 - 7:54pm

Thank you. Your response makes me even more excited to meet him. Will post my announcement as soon as possible (I can actually have my laptop with me in the hospital, though I'm not sure I'll get a pic loaded right away.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-09-2010 - 11:02pm
I'm not sure you'll see this before the big event takes place, but I'm sending all the well wishes I have for you and Baby Boy. I don't recall feeling the calm you describe, but hey, run with it girl and enjoy it! : ) It sounds to me like you're just emotionally and mentally prepared to finally meet this little guy which is great -- what more could you ask for, right?! Update when you can. Best wishes to you!

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-10-2010 - 4:07pm
Karen, I hope everything went well today, looking forward to an update.

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-10-2010 - 4:41pm

Karen,

Hope you and your little guy and doing well.

Looking forward to seeing a photo. Rest up and take care.

Melinda