Eric Steven arrived!

iVillage Member
Eric Steven arrived!
Wed, 06-02-2010 - 7:30pm

Hi- I lurked here a lot and posted occasionally. I just wanted to announce the birth of my son, Eric Steven. He was born on May 14th and was 7 lbs, 2 oz, and 19 inches. I was able to have a fully unmedicated birth. Yay!

Our family is now complete. I spent most of 2 1/2 years pregnant (two losses, then DD, then DS) and at 40 I am ready to have my body back. I am so glad I was able to have my babies when I thought for a long time that I would never have the family I always wanted. Best of luck to all of you with your pregnancies and babies!

Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com - Image hosted by ImageShack.us

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
FUVb

family
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-03-2010 - 12:39pm

Congratulations Nancy! I am so glad all went well with the birth of Eric. He looks so sweet!

I am at 33 weeks now and can't wait for this little girl to get here! Although I don't want her to come early! This pregnancy is so much different than the one with Dalton. I now know how it should feel to have all that fluid around your baby & have a huge belly! So many more aches & pains with her for sure. I thought that the pregnancy itself with Dalton wasn't so bad and that I could totally be fine with doing it again. Yeah, well now I know why I thought that! I didn't have all that extra fluid weighing me down and causing my ankles & feet to swell and all the other aches & pains. Oh well, I keep saying it is totally worth it to get this little girl here safe & sound & healthy.

I go to the dr. tonight but it is jus a regular check up. But on June 16th I should have an u/s & I am hoping at that time they decide on a date to deliver here. So far they are thinking July 15th but I am hoping after u/s that they will decide a little bit earlier than that.

Enjoy your babies & I am with you, once this girl is here, I am done & I have to work on getting my body back in shape.

Michelle

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-04-2010 - 10:53am

Congratulations, Nancy! Eric looks like a cutie for sure. I hope that all is going well with routine (or lack there of!), sleeping, feeding, etc.

I am currently 31 weeks and feel so ready to be done. I feel like Baby #3 pregnancy has been way more challenging than #1 and #2.

I too am ready to reclaim my body! I feel like I've been in the same boat as you. For the past 6 years, I've either been pregnant, nursing, or miscarrying! I'm ready to close this chapter of my reproductive life while feeling so blessed to have 3 kiddos (we have male factor infertility and our first born was conceived via IVF/ICSI).

Enjoy that little one!

Valerie

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-04-2010 - 3:35pm

Congratulations Nancy, he is adorable!

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-07-2010 - 5:17pm

Congratulations, he's a cutie! Thanks for the announcement and photo.

There is a definite theme here: I'm also in the first part of the third trimester, and already ready to hold my baby girl in my arms. As a BTDT mom I have no reservations about labor/delivery or taking care of an infant and becoming a mom, like I had the first time around. Six years ago with

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-08-2010 - 10:46pm
I know this is a late reply but I wanted to congratulate you nonetheless on the birth of your son. And congrats for having a totally unmedicated birth, too! Our family is now complete too after just having our third child, our only son, 3 days before your Eric was born. And like you and Val, I, too, am ready to close this chapter of my life (having children). In fact, my tubal ligation is scheduled for September! Congrats again. Enjoy your family!
Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-12-2010 - 9:23am

Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful baby boy!

Photobucket