Declan Rhuel is here!

iVillage Member
Declan Rhuel is here!
Sun, 08-01-2010 - 8:05pm

I am finally home again after my 5th c-section on July 27th. Declan Rhuel was born at 8:10 am and he weighed 9 lbs, 1 oz. and was 21 inches long. We are thrilled and he is a delightful baby.

The c-section was a bit scary, as I lost a lot of blood and Declan did not cry right away. They had to cut through the placenta to get to him. And I had to be sent upstairs to the hospital recovery room instead of getting to recover in the maternity recovery room, but it all worked out. My OB did say that this should be my last baby since when she got into my uterus, the original scar was starting to open, and the placenta had grown through the uterine wall. She had a hard time stopping the bleeding, but she finally did get it stopped. She told me it probably would not hold up again for another birth. I guess 7 will have to be enough!

Good thing he was born when he was. I fully feel God had his hand upon us and knew exactly when Declan needed to be born! So the recovery may take a bit longer for me, but Declan is fine and so am I.
My kids just adore him, and fight over the chance to hold him. I will post pictures as soon as I get them all uploaded to my computer.

Carol, mom to 6PhotobucketPhotobucket

Carol, mom to 7

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-04-2010 - 10:38am
Congratulationson your new bundle of joy! I really would love to get to know you better! I think that we have alot in common. Our God is an aweome God and His hand and protection are always on us! We are so blessed! I am a mother of three...would love to have another, a Christian, and I am going to be homeschooling my daughter this year! I would love to get in contact when your up to it!
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-06-2010 - 1:07pm

Congratulations, Carol!!!

So glad to hear that both Declan and you are doing better! I imagine that you do have 6 eager beavers at home wanting to hold that precious bundle...I only have two and sometimes need to referee!

What a scary situation...I've heard that after multiple c-sections that can happen...the stress on the scar tissue, the placenta growing into the uterine lining, etc. Glad to hear that they were able to stop the bleeding and that you didn't end up with an emergency hysterectomy!

Luke was our last baby too...I'm sad in a way, but also feel a sense of peace. With 8 pregnancies and only 3 children, I don't have the greatest track record and I'm ready to be done experiencing the roller coaster of emotions. BUT, had I have had a different fertility experience, I'm not sure that just b/c I'm now in my 40s I would have considered myself "done"! It's really more b/c of our loss history.

Eighteen months ago we experienced our 5th loss and I remember feeling such a profound sense of sadness...not so much b/c the m/c was any more traumatic than my m/c from early years, but b/c I wanted to end my fertility on a "high note" or a "win" if you will. At 39, I just didn't know if we would ever conceive a healthy baby again...we only conceive about 1x a year and if you miscarry than your at 2 years. Luke was such a beautiful conception surprise to receive a few months after turning 40 and I'm ready to throw in the towel and appreciate my 3 blessings!

Take care of YOU... and post pics when you can!

Val

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-10-2010 - 4:28pm

Congratulations, Carol. Declan is beautiful. Hope you're recoverying well and settling in with your littlest one! I bet it'll be interesting to experience the new family dynamics that'll come with the new arrival.

Melinda

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-13-2010 - 8:48am
Can't wait to see pictures! Congratulations, Carol!!

Pages