Evan Daniel is here!

iVillage Member
Evan Daniel is here!
Tue, 08-03-2010 - 10:55pm

Via unexpected c-section!

Robynne mama to Emily (3/26/99), Allison (5/13/02)

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-04-2010 - 12:46am
Welcome to the world, Evan! And congratulations, Robynne! Sorry you had to have a C-section but you and your precious baby boy are both here and healthy -- that's the most important thing! : ) It sounds like the C-section was the best option considering baby's position, etc.. Thanks so much for the announcement and birth story. I hope you recover quickly and fully. Enjoy your newest babe.

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-04-2010 - 6:01am
Congrats Robynne! I am glad to hear that both you and Evan are doing well. Post photos when you can.

Renee, 43, EDD 03/05/11

baby development
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-04-2010 - 10:06am
Congratulations, Robynne! It is unfortunate about the C-section and I hope you recover quickly. You're right though -- expect the unexpected. In the end, a healthy baby is the most important thing -- and Evan sounds like he is doing very well. Enjoy him.

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-04-2010 - 2:50pm
Congratulations Robynne!
First time mother at 43 to Colt - born Oct. 24 2010
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-04-2010 - 3:49pm

Congratulations!!

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-04-2010 - 5:47pm

Congratulations and welcome to Evan! Sorry you didn't have the birth experience you wanted but glad he's now here and doing well.

My baby boy has now turned transverse again, so the option of a scheduled induction for next week is out. A c-section is scheduled for Tues, August 10. I have accepted that if he's meant to be here through a vaginal birth, I'll go into labor before next Tues and he'll have turned head down again, otherwise, c-section it is. And at the end of the day, as long as he's here safely and doing well a week from now, I'll be happy. My hospital also has WiFi so I'll also be posting from there next week. Not sure I'll be able to share pics right away either, though.

Hope you make a speedy recovery. Would love to see a pic when you can.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-05-2010 - 11:57am
Congratulations Robbyne! Sorry you ended up w a C, but Evan is here and safe. Sounds like everything else went well--keeping him in your room, nursing, etc. The recovery is a bit harder (I am a week past my 5th section w/ 7 kids) but it isn't so bad. Welcome to the world Evan!

Carol, mom to 6PhotobucketPhotobucket

Carol, mom to 7

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-06-2010 - 12:53pm

Hi Robbyne!

Congratulations on the arrival of Evan Daniel! Glad to hear that everyone is doing well.

Sorry to also hear about the unexpected c-section. You sound like you have a great attitude and perspective to it all. The presentation of Evan was especially concerning...I'm glad to hear that your OBs were so proactive about you and baby's safety.

As a fellow poster mentioned, I too have had multiple c-sections. (The first baby due to breech presentation and low amniotic fluid so no external version would work) and then a failed VBAC with No. 2.

I'm not gonna lie...the recovery is a bit lengthier than those vaginal deliveries (from what I've heard...:), but you'll do fine. Hopefully, your older kiddos can really help you out with the lifting, fetching, errands, chores, etc.

Can't wait to see pictures!

Val

P.S. I checked out your blog! What a sweet profile you wrote. I hope you don't mind, but I added you to my blog reader as a follower of yours. I imagine you don't have time to post often with 5 kiddos, but I'm looking forward to reading future posts.

Feel free to drop by our family blog when you have time (ha!)

http://www.kueterfamilyblog.blogspot.com

Take care!

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-10-2010 - 4:34pm

Congratulations, Robynne!

So glad you had a great team looking after you with the complicated presentation. Hope your recovery continues to go well!

Melinda

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-13-2010 - 8:46am
Belated congratulations to you and your new little boy! All's well that ends well, right??