9 wks...happy but scared

iVillage Member
9 wks...happy but scared
Tue, 07-13-2010 - 8:05pm
Hi,
Today I am 9 wks. My 4 m/c's occurred at 5, 6, 7 and 8 wks...so being that I past my "later" occurrence I am happy to be beyond that point. But, I find myself so scared. I had some aches this afternoon, but pretty good period-like cramps now. I fear going into the bathroom and seeing something I don't want to see. I am trying to remain as positive as could be. I keep telling myself cramps are normal, as I had them with my son. It is still so difficult. This is pg #7 for me. My first 6 all had "complications" like spotting, even my 2 successful pg. So far I had no issues like that...knock on wood. One thing I dreamed of was having a smooth and successful pg...I really hope this is the one. I feel so silly being worried over such a thing like cramps. I am off to drink some cool water and lay down for the evening to rest. :::sigh:::: oh how I wish I were one of those moms who never had to go through what I (or any of us here) have gone through.
Jaime
Mom of 2 boys (5 and 1)

having a baby
Jaime

Mom of 2 boys (5 and 1)
with 4 angels up above

pregnancy calendar

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-14-2010 - 9:35am

Hi Jaime!

I know the fear you are speaking of and hope that your rest last evening was refreshing.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-18-2010 - 1:30pm

Hi, Jaime. I understand how you feel. I'm 9w today. I've had several losses as well, and it takes a conscious effort to not let myself freak out at every little twinge of discomfort.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
<
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-18-2010 - 2:29pm

Hi Jaime,

Being a PAL mom is the worst, isn't it? I envy moms who have never had to go through it. Anyways, about your cramps...cramping is totally normal in the 1T. I had cramping on and off throughout it (never with any bleeding). Do you have an appointment or ultrasound coming up soon to help ease your mind? If the cramps seem really bad or if you're just concerned, maybe your doctor can get you in for a quick ultrasound.

pregnancy week by week

Melissa - 38

DH - 38

DD - Almost 2!

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-19-2010 - 6:24pm

Melissa, I do have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow...thank goodness! LOL I am hoping he'll hear something on the doppler or just give a quick look with the u/s. I am not covered to have u/s in his office, but in the past he has taken quick peeks. I am going on vacation next week via airplane so I am kind of freaked about flying...and leaving. I plan on telling him I would love some reassurance all is fine before I go. I don't think he'll send me out for a full u/s because I go for my 1st trimester screening the day after I get back from vacation. So we'll see what I can finagle out of my doctor tomorrow :o)

Oh and the cramps...they were weird. Very achy down low and into my thighs. I just thank goodness that I haven't spotted (knocking on tons of wood) Haven't had the achiness like I had the other days...just slight aches...like something is going on in there :o)

Jaime
Mom of 2 boys (5 and 1)

having a baby
Jaime

Mom of 2 boys (5 and 1)
with 4 angels up above

pregnancy calendar

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-01-2010 - 6:20pm
Hi, I'm new to this board (introduced myself up top)...just got to reading this post and noticed that you wrote about the same pain I am experiencing. I am only 5wks and this pain scares me. I was just hoping you could reassure me a little because I can't find anyone else who has had the low groin and thigh pain like me. I had a missed m/c back in May and I just can't stop worrying. My app't isn't until the 9th.
Photobucket