Marathon Braxton-Hicks...or som'n else?

iVillage Member
Marathon Braxton-Hicks...or som'n else?
Sat, 07-24-2010 - 8:35pm

I'm only 10 weeks, but this afternoon I've had what feels like a pretty much perpetual Braxton-Hicks, and it's kinda starting to freak me out.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
<
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-26-2010 - 2:20pm
I know that BH start at 6 or 7 weeks, just not everyone can feel them. I think I've been having them for the last two weeks, but I'm pretty far ahead of you. The start of my m/c at 14 weeks felt like really strong menstrual cramps, not like BH at all, but I was induced so I don't know what a natural one would feel like. You are at the point where your uterus is stretching quite a bit, so maybe it's just that. You seem concerned, so maybe you should call your doctor and see what they think? They might do an u/s that could let you know what's going on. Hopefully it is just BH or stretching and you can relax a bit. KUP!
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-26-2010 - 3:22pm
Thanks for responding. I think everything is probably okay. It did eventually go away. I think there is a lot of growth going on, and given my pg history and age, I think I'm feeling it a lot more this time around. My lower back and hips have been aching so terribly off and on the past couple of days. It must be the hormones. I have my next appt. in about a week and a half. I can wait until then.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
<