12 Week Appt - Good & Bad News...

iVillage Member
12 Week Appt - Good & Bad News...
Fri, 08-06-2010 - 12:41am

The most important news is that the baby looks great! My OB did another US and I got to see

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
<
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-06-2010 - 12:16pm
Congrats on your good appointment, Emily! That's a bummer that you won't be able to stay with your current OB, but I'm glad your husband was able to give you some reassurance. And keep focusing on that list of positives - you've got so many, that's awesome!
Photobucket

Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-06-2010 - 1:46pm

Thanks, Kathryn. I called the new OB's office this morning and they didn't reject me. So I feel a lot better already. Coincidentally, I worked with my new OB during L&D training several years ago (although I know she won't remember me), and she is the OB of a good friend of mine who has experienced a loss much like mine and was taken very good care of throughout her last pregnancy & delivery. I should be getting a call soon to have all of my appointments scheduled. *sigh of relief* :o)

~eMiLy

BabyFetus Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
<
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-07-2010 - 11:00pm
Emily, first of all Im glad you have a nice big healthy baby in there!
Secondly, I think its awesome that you are able to stay so positive in what could be a very stressful situation. Im so sorry that your new favorite dr cant deliver this baby just because she is licensed to practice at a certain hospital! Blah, I hate all the medical bureaucracy and red-tape and stupid insurance forms and procedures.... anyways, I really hope that you can find another doctor that you like just as well, who will be able to work with you throughout the rest of your pregnancy, and delivery too. I know its really impt to feel comfortable and confident with your health care provider. I know you will be able to find that, you've still got plenty of time for doctor-shopping before you get to be too far along.

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket