6 week u/s has me freaked out!

iVillage Member
6 week u/s has me freaked out!
Thu, 08-26-2010 - 10:03pm

Hi Everyone,
I haven't posted here much, but I thought I'd fix that. :-)
I got my BFP on 08/09. My first beta was 51 with progesterone at 9.7. I'm on twice daily progesterone suppositories. My second beta was 851 & my progesterone was 31. I had my first u/s this past Wednesday. I thought I was 6 weeks along, based on LMP. According to the u/s, I'm about 5.5 weeks. I know this is only a difference of a few days, but it's got me freaked out. I'm going for another u/s this coming Wednesday.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Photobucket

Photobucket

BabyFruit Ticker

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-27-2010 - 11:07am
Don't freak out yet, it's too early to tell what's going on. This is exactly why I declined a 6 week ultrasound with this pregnancy - because if you ovulate a little late or misremembered your LMP, that can throw everything off, and it can mean the difference between seeing a fetal pole & heartbeat and not seeing one. I'm glad you are going back for a follow-up - that should give you better information on where you stand. I know how much that wait sucks and seems soooo long, but hang in there!

Melissa - 38

DH - 38

DD - Almost 2!

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-27-2010 - 5:41pm

Hi!

Try not to worry so much (yeah right!!). When I went in for my 1st u/s at what I calculated as 6w3d, little bean only measured 6w. But at next u/s the following week, it was back on track! The next few weeks will tell you more info. Good luck!! :-)

Alex

Me 42, DH 49

Alex

Me 42,

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-27-2010 - 11:29pm
Oh Melanie, try not to worry too much. It is perfectly normal. All of my pregnancies have been "off" by a few days, even though I was faithfully charting and tracking all my fertility signs. This does not indicate that there is anything wrong. It is COMPLETELY normal to be +/- 5 days from your LMP or EDD. The fact that your progesterone levels have improved so much after taking the supplements is a very very good sign that your body will be hanging onto this pregnancy. I hope that everything continues to go well for you! and that the next 5 days pass by quickly so that you can hurry up and have the next u/s done with.

Photobucket

My Personal Blog: myhopeisin-you.blogspot.com
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-28-2010 - 9:39am

Thank you. That really helps me feel better.

Photobucket

Photobucket

BabyFruit Ticker

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-28-2010 - 12:54pm

Melanie,

I've always been told that an early ultrasound like that is fine plus or minus three days. And that is with IVF, where they know to the minute how old your embryos are. So, I think you are JUST FINE measuring two days behind. I had an ultrasound at 5 weeks 5 days this time around and they didn't see a baby---just the sac and yolk sac. Eight days later, they saw perfect baby and heartbeat. Now, I completely freaked out for a week, but really for nothing. Six weeks is such a hard time for an early ultrasound because being off by a day or so really impacts what you see----I much prefer 6.5 weeks or 7 weeks.

Rebecca

2005 5 IUIs + stims---all BFN
4/06 IVF #1 BFN
8/06 FET #1 BFP. Boy/girl twins born big and healthy 4/07
1/10 IVF #2. BFP.

Rebecca

2005 5 IUIs + stims---all BFN
4/06 IVF #1 BFN
8/06 FET #1 BFP. Boy/girl twins 4/07
1/10 IVF #2. BFP. Lost baby 4/10 at 11 weeks.
7/10 IVF #3 . BFP. Baby #3 due 4/8/11.