Growing pains?

iVillage Member
Growing pains?
Sat, 08-28-2010 - 3:41pm

I already have a DS who is 5 but I just cant seem to remember, is it common/normal to feel stretching or 'growing' pains in your uterus? It definitely isnt cramping, but I swear I feel my uterus trying to get bigger! Maybe I'm just crazy though lol!

I had my first U/S at exactly 5 weeks and only saw a 7mm sac, so I will feel so much better to see a yolk sac, fetal pole, and heartbeat! If I am really growing, I take that as a super positive sign!

Amanda

BabyFruit Ticker
Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
In reply to: ahethstl
Sat, 08-28-2010 - 11:59pm
Yes, it can be growing pains. Remember that light cramping, tugging and pulling sensations are all totally normal during early pregnancy. Especially if you've been pregnant before, your uterus and everything else in there starts to shift and move around a little earlier with each subsequent pregnancy. This is part of the reason why you may begin to show earlier, too.

Photobucket

My Personal Blog: myhopeisin-you.blogspot.com
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-29-2010 - 12:54pm

Hi Amanda,

We're both 6w2d's today!

Kate
TTC #1 since May 2005

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-29-2010 - 10:16pm
Yup, this is definitely normal. I had actual cramps throughout most of the 1st tri. Stretching and pulling sensations would also be considered normal.

Melissa - 38

DH - 38

DD - Almost 2!

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-30-2010 - 4:08pm
Yep...been feeling the same stuff.
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-30-2010 - 4:57pm

Kate,

Yay, we are due the same time! My next U/S is scheduled for this Thursday. I am DYING to see what is going on as we only saw a gestational sac at the first one (was only 5 weeks 0 days). My Dr. actually offered to move it up to tomorrow, but my copay is almost $ 100 per ultrasound so as much as I hate to, I am trying to hold off a few more days to make sure we hear/see a heartbeat. I cant wait to get an update tomorrow on yours!

My doctor said that since this is my second pregnancy it is normal to notice things like 'round ligament pain' as she called it sooner in the PG. I will pray it is a very good sign!

Amanda

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-31-2010 - 2:37pm

I get those sorts of pains too, and every mornin when I wake up I feel like I can immediately feel my LO pushin me a little bigger, its just like the tiniest little pushin feelin from the inside. Not like the baby movin or anythin, more like its a tiny big bigger than the day before!

TTC #1 since Aug 09, m/c Oct 09.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers