Doppler question

Community Leader
Doppler question
Fri, 09-03-2010 - 7:43am

I got a little hand held doppler thingy off eBay and heart LO's hb on Tues but now I can't find it again, in an attemp to stop me freakin out, does anyone have any experience of this this early on? Thanks!

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-03-2010 - 1:19pm

This is normal.

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-03-2010 - 8:54pm

Oh, don't worry at all! My doctor couldn't even find my LO's heartbeat with their $500 doppler at 10 weeks! This is totally normal, and she even told me that they don't usually start looking for the HB in the office until about 11-12 weeks.

I have my home doppler, and have been using it since about week 16 or so with no problems finding the HB right away. You're just a little early for the doppler to be reliable. Isn't it funny how something that we buy to give us peace of mind actually ends up causing us more anxiety!?

Jen--

Pregnant after Valentine's Day loss

Photobucket

wedding ticker

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Jen--

Pregnant after Valentine's Day loss

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-03-2010 - 11:08pm

No, I do not think you should worry.

sig.jpg picture by jkasischke

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-04-2010 - 12:25am
Dont freak out quite yet :) It is hard to find the heartbeat via doppler before 10-12 weeks. The fact that you heard it the other day is very reassuring, of course, but if it takes you a long time to find it again, dont worry. It doesnt mean there's anything wrong, it just means the baby is moving around a lot, that s/he is nice and active and healthy.
I do hope you can hear it again soon though. I know those heartbeat monitors can be a lifesaver for stressed-out, worried PAL moms like us!

Photobucket

My Personal Blog: myhopeisin-you.blogspot.com
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

Community Leader
Sun, 09-05-2010 - 3:10pm

Thanks girls! I feel a lot better now! I'm just gonna leave it a few days and then try again.

And yea it is funny how somethin I bought for reassurance is now givin me a new reason to freak out!!!