Grad Weekly Chat! 02/09-02/15

iVillage Member
Grad Weekly Chat! 02/09-02/15
Mon, 02-09-2009 - 11:01am

How's everyone's weekend been? Anything special planned for Valentines day???

Welcome to our new grads! I hope all is going well for you! Be sure to ask for any tips or advice if you need it!

Chat Away ladies!

<9.27.08 Siggy

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-09-2009 - 11:16am
Gm Erika! How was your weekend dear? Anything fun going on? Not a whole lot here. (bored at work.. sorry if i ramble.. just tell me shut up! lol) I had to dropone of my college classes bc right now kenadie needs more attention. However i am still taking 2 others. We had great weather here this weekend so we took the kids to the park on saturday. They had a blast. Ms K wanted to be a diva as usual but hey what can you expect. we took some stuff back to the mall and exchanged it and got some really cute stuff. Yesterday we really did not do a whole lot due to me exercising on my wii fit on saturday and it hurt like HE#$ getting out of bed. NEVER do 20 lunges in one day if you dont exercise regularly! lol. So I decided to put the kids down to bed for nap before my dh's friends came over so they would not be cranky.. great they went down. Then dh decided eh the kiddos are down.. want to be dh and wife?! lol. Friends were due like anytime now.. But we threw caution to the wind. And what would you know.. just as we finished. I heard them drive up. Never seen dh get dressed that fast before! rofl! I just had to share! So ladies... have you ever had those close calls?

Follow my blog at:http://mommasangels.blogspot.com/Photobucket Thanks Renee for the siggy! PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Follow my blog at:http://mommasangels.blogspot.com/

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-09-2009 - 11:49am

Haha! I think I would have been giggling the whole night! - But YAY for some cookies!

Luckily DH and I have never been near getting caught - although with a previous bf we did almost get caught by his mom... not fun! He was a loser... I don't know what I was thinking!

The weekend was alright for me, Bekah's started tantruming... but today she's sick and so am I - so I think that may have been part of the reason for the tantrum. My grandfather is sick - they think it's a disease called Paget's disease that affects bones and can be cancerous - the weird part is that he has skin issues, not bone issues. He has a dr appointment this week so we'll see how it goes.

How's little Ms K doing? I think after all she's been through she's gotten a bit use to being a diva, no?

<9.27.08 Siggy
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-09-2009 - 12:11pm

Oh man.. i have been almost caught by mom too.. wait i did my senior prom night. haha.. lol. and that was one of those wth was i thinking moments too!

oh i could not stop grinning at my dh.. he would grin back at me.. and they just kind of looked at us.

oh i hope the two of you get to feeling better hun. i bet that is the reason for the tantrums. i wish that was the reason for my 2yros. tantrums suck!

i will definitely pray for your gpa. when is his appt? are they going to run some more tests? i personally have never heard of it but i asked one of my neuro docs who works with neuro muscle issues and he has heard of it. he thought it was weird for him to have skin issues too. hmm i am interested now. i will pray for some healing on his body.

ms k is being a sleepy body for the past couple of days. she is not going to like me much but if she continues this she is going to see the cardi. she had some breathing spells this weekend. their really not a

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-09-2009 - 12:44pm

Hello Ladies! Alisha-that is so funny about almost getting caught! I bet DH was in a great mood for your friends though;) I do Wii fit too-i really like it!

Erika-I am so sorry about your grandpa, I will be praying for him! I'm sorry you guys are sick-feel better soon (((HUGS)))

Well my night shift went great on Friday-Joseph was even a good boy for DH and actually slept a few good stretches! I think it was good for him too, he then slept 5 hours straight Sat night

Photobucket >Blinkie Maker
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-09-2009 - 1:01pm

I don't know when his appointment is, but hopefully they'll be able to figure out what's causing the problems. He's had some lesions on his leg, and then it started swelling so they had the doctor look at it last week I think. When I overheard my dad on the phone with my grandma he was talking about skin and bone biopsies. I'm almost wondering if my grandfather has Paget's but that it's dormant, and the only reason they found out he has it is because of unrelated skin issues? I don't know... we'll see.

A few years ago he had a rare rash on his back, and then had psoriasis, and has had to have some surgeries on his leg a few years ago - before I was married. He has these spells and gets really sick, but keeps coming back. He's a fighter - that's for sure. I just hope that he can keep fighting, as long as it's going to be worthwhile and he's not in pain. He's 81 this week, and all of my great grandfathers have passed in their early 80's... I'm just not ready to say goodbye. Not yet at least.

Do you have an Angel Care Monitor for Ms K's bed? I think that's the only way I was able to sleep through the night when Bekah started sleeping well - and she didn't even have any health issues! I'm continuing my prayers that all of her health issues clear up and she can be a normal, happy, non-diva baby girl!

<9.27.08 Siggy
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-09-2009 - 1:04pm
I'm sorry you're not feeling well! I hope it was just a 24 hour thing and that you feel better for good! And I'm so proud of Joe! Yay for him doing well and realizing that he doesn't need to eat all night long! Hopefully that stays!
<9.27.08 Siggy
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-09-2009 - 1:08pm

Our weekend was good. Friday night I went scrapbooking at a friends. Saturday we hung in the house and finished up Emma's room, DH put her crib together, etc. Sunday we went out for a friends birthday to a place where you sleigh ride and it is all you can eat chicken and ribs. It was yummy and fun. Emma had a great time.

Today, is not going so well. Emma has started STTN in her crib and unswaddled! Yay! However, I cannot get her into a decent nap routine and I have been trying for a month or so. She used to take a 1.5 hour morning and afternoon nap. Now I am lucky if I can get 40 minutes. Which means not only do I have a cranky child all afternoon but then she wants to nap around 5 when she goes to bed at 7. It messes everything up. Does anyone have any advice?! Am I supposed to let her CIO at naptime so she gets that I am not coming in to get her. Funny thing is she wants her binky at naptime too yet I dont have to give it to her at night.

Glad to hear everyone else weekends were nice. Sorry about Kenadie being a Diva and poor Erika and Bekah getting sick :(

Oh yeah, as for Valentines Day, we are staying in and having fondue. Nice romantic night for 3 :) Later on I might try to get a little romantic in the bedroom but thats about it.

Photobucket

pregnancy calendar
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-09-2009 - 1:11pm

Oh i hope he keeps a fighting for ya.

I dont have one and she sleeps right by my bed and most nights i get up often to check her breathing or i lay with my hand on her chest. I was thinking of getting one of those. Are they pretty sensitive because she is a really shallow breather.

Thanks for those continued prayers we definitely appreciate them. I am going to find her a onesie that say i am THE diva!

Follow my blog at:http://mommasangels.blogspot.com/Photobucket Thanks Renee for the siggy! PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-09-2009 - 1:17pm

I left some advice in the DYK thread, but the only other thing I can think of is to not let her CIO too much during the day - it can make for a grumpy baby the rest of the day - I've tried it!

As she gets older and is able to understand time frames and gets better at entertaining herself in her crib - you'll be able to set limits and just leave her in her room for an hour (or whatever you choose). If she wakes up before at least 60 min you can just leave her and explain that it's quiet time. At least that's what I plan to do with Bekah as she gets older. If she doesn't want to nap that's fine, but mommy needs her quiet time.

I've also noticed with Bekah that she's starting to play in her crib when she wakes up from a nap or in the morning more and more - sometimes over an hour just playing. So when she does cry i know she's not happy about something and does need my help.

<9.27.08 Siggy
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-09-2009 - 1:20pm

It worked well for Bekah. When she had a cold and was sleeping in her crib I was even able to put a pillow underneath her mattress to prop her up a little and it sensed her breathing and movement through the mattress and pillow.

The biggest issue we've had with it is when Bekah moves too far from the sensor (since it's only 12x12 it doesn't always sense the entire mattress). Bekah likes to cuddle up to the bumper so it went off when she did that sometimes, but overall was great.

It has different sensitivities on it so you can increase it if you need to or decrease it. We started at a 3 and moved up to a 5 (highest) as Bekah moved around more.

<9.27.08 Siggy

Pages