Jane Adeline arrived

iVillage Member
Jane Adeline arrived
Sun, 02-22-2009 - 9:46pm

The Short Verstion:

Jane Adeline arrived via c-section at 6:02 p.m. on February 18. She weighed 7lb 2 oz and was 19.75 inches long. She is a beautiful, healthy little girl.

The Long Verstion:

I started contracting regularly, though not that painfully, around 5pm on the 17th. I went to bed around 11pm and woke up at 12:40 am with painful contractions coming every 8 minutes. I knew that this was the real thing. I woke my husband and told him. I showered and ate something and wandered around the house as I labored until 630am, when we decided to go to L&D. I was 3 centimeters and Jane was at -1 station on arrival and they decided to admit us. My OB arrived about an hour later and I was 4 cm and Jane was at 0 station. She broke my water because my contractions were 5 minutes apart (at best) and she wanted them to pick up. They became very, very painful immediately thereafter and I was desperate for pain relief. I got my epidural within the hour and felt much better. At noon, my OB checked me again and said I was still 4 cm. She decided to put me on pitocin - starting at the lowest level and upping the dosage slowly until my contractions were close enough together.

Around this time, my mom and my sister and her boyfriend arrived. They came back and hung out with us in the room. I was feeling no pain, but could tell when I was contracting by a feeling of tightness and pressure. At 230 pm, my OB cleared the room to check me again. She told me I was 10 cm, completely effaced, and that Jane was at +2 station!!!! I was in utter and complete shock. My husband told my family and they went to wait it out. I started pushing. 2 hours later, Jane had not budged a centimeter. My OB said she thought Jane might be sunny-side up, explaining her lack of movement. She said we could try forceps, but that she doubted it would work and that if we tried it, she wanted to it in the OR because the only other option was a c-section. I was devastated. I couldn't stop crying. We decided to try the forceps, so they prepared me for a c-section and we headed out. The forceps were a failure immediately and the next thing I know there is so much activity as they prepare for the c-section. About 15 minutes later, they pulled her out and she was screaming from the second she arrived. I have never been so relieved in my life.

I am still very upset that I ended up with a c-section and wish I had not agreed to the pitocin so early - as I think it may have sped labor up so drastically that she couldn't make the turn she needed to make. The recovery has been very painful so far and it frustrates me to no end that I cannot fully care for my baby because of it. My husband and family have been wonderful, however, and I have more help than anyone could want or need. Jane had a slow start with bf'ing, but is getting the hang of things now. Sleep has been very hard to come by, but she is more than worth it. A few pics are attached.

Thanks to everyone for their support during this pg. It has made a world of difference and I am so grateful to you all.

Hugs,

Kate

pregnancy week by week

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-23-2009 - 8:29am

Congratulations! Its soo tough to be ready to deliver one way, only to have things changed on you at the last minute. Each day will get better though and you'll be able to care for your little one on your own in no time. It took me about 5 - 6 days to be able to completely care for my DD. Just remember to rest and take care of yourself. The more you rest and take care of yourself the quicker you'll heal and be able to take care of your little one.

Congratulations and enjoy this precious time together.

Jocelyn

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-23-2009 - 9:04am

Congratulations! She is beautiful! I adore the personality in her pictures! Her facial expressions are priceless, just like her!

I am so sorry your birth didn't go like planned. I haven't delivered before, so I really have nothing magical to say except that I am sorry. Please don't beat yourself up about it, you did what was best for you and Jane at the moment, and your doctor made the best decisions for mama and baby.

Get some rest while you can and enjoy your precious, long awaited!, baby girl! She is perfect and I am so happy for you!!

Big Hugs, Sara

Photobucket

Thank you to Kelly (mom2emsopmax)
for my amazing siggy!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Photobucket Thank you to mom2j
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-23-2009 - 9:41am

Congratulations on your beautiful baby!

I know a c-section isn't what you planned, but there's no use second guessing your decisions now. Most likely the outcome would have been the same. The most difficult thing for me after my c/s was not being able to take care of the baby like I wanted to. My DH had to do just about everything. I remember crying about it, and he told me "you've taken care of her for 9 months, let me have a turn".

You are going to feel a lot better really soon! Hang in there and accept as much help as possible.

Photobucket Photobucket

PhotobucketDYK GirlsPhotobucketPhotobucketAngels in HeavenPhotobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-23-2009 - 10:25am
Good job mommy! I'm sorry things turned out differently than hoped. But, the end result couldn't be better!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-23-2009 - 11:51am
She is beautiful! Congrats! I'm sorry you had to go through a c-section, but am glad that she is safely here.
<9.27.08 Siggy
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-23-2009 - 12:26pm

CONGRATS Kate! Welcome to the world little baby Jane! What a sweet beautiful little baby she is. I hope that your recovery from the c-section is a quick one :o)

Siggy

Siggy

&n

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-23-2009 - 7:28pm

Congratulations!!!! Jane is beautiful!!!!! I am sorry about the c-section and pain, sending speedy healing vibes. I am glad Jane is doing well!!!!

GWEN

GWEN

&n

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-25-2009 - 12:37pm
Awww, she is darling!

Event.observe($('fullSizedImage'), 'load', function(event) { pageTags.addTagListToImg('fullSizedImage', ); });      

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-02-2009 - 6:44pm

Kate!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-02-2009 - 7:28pm
she is so sweet. i love her hat. what a little beauty. congrats!!
Photobucket
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
Photobucket
Photobucket

Warning Pictures, Images and PhotosTwilight

Photobucket

Pages