Moms still catching flack for NIP??

iVillage Member
Moms still catching flack for NIP??
Wed, 08-18-2010 - 1:40pm

At this point, most of us have heard about Kim Kardashian’s now-infamous tweet declaring how grossed out she was to witness a milking mum. (K-Kar later backpedaled, calling the act itself “a natural, beautiful thing” -- as long as she didn’t have to see the mammary source. I find this particularly ironic from the woman whose boobs -- not to mention every other body part -- are pretty much everywhere these days.)

But why are nursing moms STILL catching flack for nursing in public (NIP)?

http://www.ivillage.com/why-are-moms-still-catching-flack-public-breastfeeding/6-a-258138?ice=iv:mb:msg:kb

Have you / Will you NIP? Does it bother you to do so? Does it bother you to see others doing it? Have you ever had a run in with someone who wasn't happy to see you NIP?

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-18-2010 - 3:49pm

I have/will NIP many times!

--Wendy
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-19-2010 - 11:42pm
I think you're absolutely right on all points. I don't see how a society can get to the point where feeding your child is offensive or wrong in any way, but we managed to get there. In Canada the right to breast feed is protected in the charter of rights and freedoms in our constitution. If you are asked to leave or cover up while breast feeding it is a human rights violation and the person/establishment asking can be charged. Right now there is a case at the Human rights tribunal between a breast feeding woman and a Canadian airline. I have no problem pointing that out to people and I wouldn't hesitate to press charges if I was harassed.