My surprise is a .....

iVillage Member
My surprise is a .....
Mon, 08-23-2010 - 6:48pm

GIRL!!!!!!!! and she was born... RIGHT ON HER DUE DATE!!! 8/9/10! :) We are finally home and I finally have a chance to update and share my birth story!! :)

On August 8 I spent the day ding tourist type stuff with my parents and MIL, we went and walked around down town and checked out some stuff. DH found an OLD cobble stone road and drove down it twice, laughing about inducing labor for us, lol. We went home and took about a 2 to 3 hours nap before he had to go into work. When DH woke up to go to work I couldn't even move, I was so exhausted so I stayed passed out in bed. Around 6 o clock he called me when he got to work because the day before we had been joking about how I had no way to contact him if anything happened, so he called to give me the number to call. I stood up, went to the restroom (noticed I peed an awful lot, but really thought it was JUST pee.. I swear the ENTIRE time it felt like I was peeing, it never turned to more) and I went into the kitchen to help my mom who was making oven fried chicken. As I was cutting something I sneezed and started cracking up because I peed my pants a little, but when I went to go clean up there was a pink tinge to it, and when I stood up a little more "pee" came out! I called my dr and as I was on the phone the "pee" slowly trickled out.. I swear it literally felt like I was just kind of peeing myself a little! It did NOT feel like a gush of any sort and it certainly didn't feel like it was coming out of someplace else... so I call DH at work so he can call his replacement and we head into the hospital at 730 and by 838 they confirmed that my water had in fact broke I was 2 1/2 -3 cm dilated and 80% effaced. They told me they would start pitocin in the morning if things didn't get moving on their own.. so around 11 to 12 DH and I began walking the halls to try and get things going, not to mention I HATE staying in those beds!!

All night I had very spaced out contractions, about 1 horrible one every 45 minutes to an hour. Everytime the contraction came I jumped up out of the bed and just HAD to be standing and felt so sick I am amazed I never actually threw up! It was pretty miserable! DH fell asleep so I just dealt with this on my own all night, lol. In the morning DH and I began walking the halls some more because I was determined to get things going on my own. Despite my efforts I did not get started on my own... they started the pitocin in my IV at 10 am and I was still just like 4 cm dilated. At 11:40 I requested a pain killer in my IV I think it was Nubane, just to help take the edge off between contractions and help me relax, I was also seriously nauseous and fighting not to vomit every contraction, and they made me lay down at this point. By 1:20 I was 6 cm dilated and feeling pretty miserable during contractions. By 4:00 I was absolutely miserable and begged to pee, I think I just wanted to release some pressure!! I got up to use the bathroom and stayed up because my body was responding better to the awful contractions while standing and rocking, at this point my contractions were about 1-2 minutes apart and were literally the worst feeling I could have ever imagined! I remember saying "I'm done! I can't do this anymore!" a few times LOL because I LITERALLY could not wrap my head around the fact that my body was dealing with such intense pain, and I certainly couldn't understand or imagine surviving even ONE more!!! At 4:30 I was 8 cm dilated and 90% effaced.. and started having intense urges to push. Every contraction I HAD to push a little and was releasing a little fluid with each one... By 5:08 pm I was on my back pushing for my life (seriously) and my little princess Lillian Dean was born at 5:32 pm! I only pushed for 24 minutes (According to the log my MIL and Mother made)! :)

What an experience!! I can honestly say it was the WORST pain I have ever felt and worse than I can imagine or explain, but the minute Lillian was born all of the pain and agony disappeared, it was just gone and I felt fantastic!! I did have a 2nd degree tear but honestly didn't feel it and didn't feel much of anything while it was being repaired because I was just watching Lillian be cleaned, weighed, measured, and tested! She was born 8/9/10 at 5:32 pm and she was 7 lbs 13 ozs 19.5 inches!

By 11 pm that night the nurse let us know they had to take Lillian to the nursery to monitor her for infection because my water had been broken almost 24 hours by the time she was born. :( They drew blood several times a day/night put an IV into her hand and kept her hooked up to machines for 24 hours. I was allowed to visit the nursery every 3-4 hours to feed her. After her 24 hour observation they let her come back to our room between antibiotics and tests and everything. It was pretty sad and pretty scary, but.. necessary! They told us they were discharging me on Wednesday but the earliest she could leave is Thursday, but since I am BFing they let me stay as a "courtesy". On Thursday they let us know SHE WAS PERFECTLY FINE AND GOOD TO GO HOME!!!!!!! :) and we brought her home!

We have spent the last two weeks just loving our little miracle! :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-23-2010 - 7:44pm
Yeah congrats!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-23-2010 - 9:47pm

Congratulations!! She is adorable! And way to go for not getting an epidural... I don't think I would make it through labor without them :)

~Michelle

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-24-2010 - 8:56am

Awwww, look at your precious little girl! You are so lucky! Thanks for sharing your story (finally)! We've all been wondering about you...not that we don't totally understand what you've been busy with lately.

Congratulations on your beautiful sweet pea! Another great PAL success story!

Jen--

Pregnant after Valentine's Day loss

Photobucket

wedding ticker

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Jen--

Pregnant after Valentine's Day loss

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-24-2010 - 9:18am

Heather!

Congratulations on your gorgeous little daughter!! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your story.

- Tiffany

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-25-2010 - 4:20pm
She's beautiful! And what a cute little outfit. Congrats on the natural birth, even if it did take so long. I hope I can be that strong when the time comes. Thanks for sharing your birth story, I can't get enough of them these days.
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-25-2010 - 5:44pm
Congrats!! What a story - and you did it without an epidural, I am impressed! She's so cute. Thanks for coming back to tell your story!

Melissa - 38

DH - 38

DD - Almost 2!

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-25-2010 - 7:02pm
Oh my gosh! She's perfect! Congratulations and thank you so much for sharing your story. :)
Photobucket

Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-26-2010 - 12:37am

Congrats on your beautiful, precious miracle daughter - and I love that she was born on her due date too, how great!!!
Im glad youre loving being a mommy. I hope that BFing is going well for you guys and that youre getting as much rest as possible these days.

PS I am also not a fan of nubain, used it once with #1 and it did nothing good for me.

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-26-2010 - 1:55pm

Thnks for sharing your story.

Amanda

Mom to Talia (3)

expecting #2 on 1/11/11

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-30-2010 - 9:06pm
Congrats and WTG on finding the right road! (hehe)
~~Kim

Pages