Baby Rhys is here!

iVillage Member
Baby Rhys is here!
Wed, 08-25-2010 - 1:27pm

Finally getting around to posting the birth of our precious baby boy, Rhys Trinley Francesco born last Wednesday, 8/18 weighing in at 7 lbs 14 oz and a cool 22 inches long!
Very long birth story, suffice it to say that after 24 hours of labor, I was able to give birth naturally without pain meds due largely to the support of my wonderful midwife, doula, husband and great hospital nurses. Although, I didn't end up with the water birth I desired, I did get to labor in the birth pool a lot which really helped. Rhys was positioned very strangely, looking over his right shoulder and trying to present with the back of his head. Due to a lot of hands and knees labor on the birthing ball and my baby's hard work, he was able to turn into position while coming through the birth canal so I could push him out. My contractions were irregular so I had to have some pitocin at the end to help out (ouch). Although it was a long birth with some complications, all ended well and I didn't even tear (thanks again to my midwife)!
Rhys had to spend his first 4 days in NICU for jaundice - it was very tough on me and DH but he is now perfectly healthy and we were able to take him home two days ago. We are now all adjusting to life at home and trying to find a rhythm. I am very fortunate that DH is a teacher so he is home with me for the next couple of weeks.
We love him dearly. He came literally screaming out of the womb, lots of black hair and went straight to the breast!

Attaching a picture for all to see.

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-25-2010 - 4:17pm

He is adorable! Congratulations!!

And way to go with what sounds like a LONG labor!!

Also, I love the name you picked. We were trying to decide between Rhys and Ethan until our friends announced they'd picked Reis. So that left just Ethan... but Rhys is a great name!!

~Michelle

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-25-2010 - 4:24pm
He is very cute! I'm glad you had such great support for your million hour labour! I'm very glad everything is alright with your wonderful baby boy and that you and DH get to spend so much time with him together.
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-25-2010 - 5:48pm
Aw he looks so bright eyed and bushy tailed! Great job on a long labor with no meds too! Congrats!!

Melissa - 38

DH - 38

DD - Almost 2!

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-25-2010 - 7:05pm
Adorable! Congrats and way to go on the natural birth! You are amazing. Enjoy your new addition. :)
Photobucket

Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-26-2010 - 9:13am

Awwww, look at that beautiful AWAKE face! Isn't he so precious!? Congratulations to you and your family. Thank you for sharing your story...another PAL success always gives us each a little more hope!

Jen--

Pregnant after Valentine's Day loss

Photobucket

wedding ticker

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Jen--

Pregnant after Valentine's Day loss

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-26-2010 - 9:47am