A prayer for my cousin (loss ment)

iVillage Member
A prayer for my cousin (loss ment)
Sat, 04-05-2003 - 6:20pm
I got a really sad email yesterday. My dad comes from a large family, that has a really involved family reunion going back several generations. I am presently in charge of the reunions (so I know most of the people).

Shortly after I lost my angel last year, the wife of a cousin told me that her daughter was also pg. Due about the same time I was. The daughter is still in high school, and was going to marry the father. I was happy for them, even though as I know high school is not a great time to have kids. But it was too late to worry about that -- a baby was coming!

I got an email from the wife yesterday. The daughter had the baby in early February. But the baby died on April 1st. SIDS.

I can only imagine their pain. I'm 35, and probably have a lot more to draw on to deal with my grief than would a 17 year old. How they are coping, I do not know.

My cousin's wife offered to send me a copy of the baby's picture. I think I will accept. I have a special box that contains everything we had with my angel. The two were due around the same time. So I think it would be nice to put their baby's picture in the box, because the two distant cousins now have playmates in heaven.

Susan

Susan

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 10:08am
Oh Susan,

How sad, My heart goes out to her and her family. Keeping her in my prayers.

hugs, Donna