Please pray! Help desperately needed!!!

iVillage Member
Please pray! Help desperately needed!!!
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 11:25am
I got a call from my father this morning. My 5 year old cousin is missing. His name is Connor and any prayers that he return safely would be so appreciated!

My aunt and her mom went to church on Sunday and Connor was being watched by my very responsible uncle (in his 30s). He let Connor play outside in the yard with the dog for a while, but when he went to look for him. He was gone. The dog is also gone, which I think is a good sign.

They have been missing since about 1pm yesterday. They live in a fairly rural area and have search and rescue out looking for them. The weather is cold (30s) and it was raining all night. I don't think he was kidnapped, because the dog is a big black lab mix and doesn't take well to strangers. I think the dog would be pretty initmidating and if Connor HAD been kidnapped, then why wouldn't the dog have come home? My guess is that the dog thought they were going on a fun exploring adventure in the woods, but then Connor got tired and couldn't make it back home, but the dog stayed with him to protect him. At least, that is what I am hoping.

Please pray for this little boy and his family. My Aunt is a single mom in her 40s and Connor is her only child. She desperately wanted a child and tried for years to adopt before she finally got him (it was hard because she isn't married). They are a great christian family and definately do not deserve such difficult times. I can't even begin to imagine how they must feel--especially my uncle who must have so much guilt.

I have called the local sherrif's department to see if we should come down and help search, or if we would be more of a hinderance than a help. I have not yet recieved an answer though.

Please help, any positive thoughts would be put to good use in this case. It has been almost 20hours that he has been missing.

Thank you,

Casey

who is so thankful that her 2 precious boys are safe at home.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 11:31am
Oh Casey! I will definitely say a prayer for your little cousin! How very scary. Be sure to keep us posted OK?

-janet and connor 18W 5D

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 12:28pm
I am sending many prayers and positive thoughts that way. How awful! I hope they find him soon.

Susan

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 12:30pm
Casey,

Praying for your cousins safe return. Please keep us updated.

Hugs, Donna

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 1:20pm
Casey, I am praying for Connor and his family. I hope everything is ok.

Hugs, Lisa

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 1:37pm
I'm so sorry to hear this!!!

My prayers are with your family. Lynne

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 1:51pm
OMG Casey, I pray that God send his angels down to put a hedge of protection around Connor and to guide the search and rescue team to where they can find him soon, and peace for his family.

Please keep us updated,

Penny.
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 3:08pm
Casey I am so sorry to hear this. I pray that God will watch over your little cousin and protect him from harm. I will pray for his family also. Please keep us posted.

Holli