Time for me to say good-bye *m m/c ment*

iVillage Member
Time for me to say good-bye *m m/c ment*
Tue, 05-06-2003 - 8:25pm
I just want to thank you all for being here. I didn't post much due to being afraid of anything like this happening, but when I did you all made me feel welcome. So, thank you! I will be praying that each and every one of you enjoys a happy & healthy pregnancy!

I miscarried early in the morning on Monday morning. I knew it was going to happen, I just didn't know when. It was worse than I had thought it would be - the percocet didn't do a thing. But, my husband was awesome and our son stayed asleep so that was really good.

Now, I am on a mission to find out what keeps causing me to have a miscarriage. No one is willing to do testing though, so I'm not really sure where I go from here. My endocrinologist seems the most willing to work with me but, if that changes, then I guess I'll search for a high-risk OB who will LISTEN to me. Why do doctor's just blow off our hunches/concerns as being silly when we ALL know that women's intuition is WORTH listening to?! Grrrrrrr....

Anyway, I'm ticked that I have to say good-bye but, I am hoping to use that anger towards being persistent in being heard. I will be praying for you all.

Blessings,

Jennifer SAHM to Johnny (4) twin ^i^'s (1/28/03) and ^i^ (5/5/03)

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-06-2003 - 10:05pm
Jennifer,

I am so sorry for your loss, and I am lighting a candle for your little angel.

I do encourage you to find a doc who will do testing if for no other reason than to put your mind at ease. I also had 2 m/cs in a row (in 2002) after a successful pregnancy (DS born in 2000). My OB here who is high risk did do testing. They actually didn't find any problems, but did some interventions just in case. For instance, both DH and I were put on antibiotics for 2 weeks in case I had an infection (uterine infections are very difficult to test for). Additionally, I was put on progesterone for the first 12 weeks of this pregnancy. Also, I take a baby aspirin every day to increase blood flow to the baby. You may want to ask your doctor about these things, and if you have any questions feel free to e-mail me at MMMauer1@aol.com. There are doctors out there who will do something after 2 m/cs. You may just have to be insistent.

You, your family, and your precious angel babies are in my thoughts and prayers.

Lots of gentle hugs.

Michelle

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-07-2003 - 11:07am
Oh Jennifer. I am so sorry. I wish that there was something that I could say to make you feel better but I know that there isn't. It's just so hard...

I pray that you will be able to find the answers that you are looking for and that you will be back here soon.

-janet

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-07-2003 - 3:55pm
Jennifer, my heart is breaking for you. I really feel close to you, as we started on the board together under much the same circumstances. And I am so sad to see you go.

I know that if you have courage and persevere, you will find the doctor that will help you. Please come back to the board as soon as you can.

Sending you a big hug,

Lori
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-08-2003 - 11:39am
So sorry for you loss...I hope you find some answers soon. Best of luck and lots of healing vibes to you.

Melissa and Collin EDD 7/24
iVillage Member
Sun, 05-25-2003 - 11:59am
Jennifer, I am so sorry. I know you from Pregnancy Loss and am a regular at TTCAM. I am so sorry that this happened to you. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Jacqui
iVillage Member
Sun, 01-25-2004 - 10:24am
I'm so sorry for your loss....but do NOT give up....keep searching. My first dr. didn't want to know anything....said not statistically significant until I suffered 3 losses. Well, it was significant to me!! and I found a wonderful dr. willing to do the testing I needed. I hope you find a good dr. willing to listen and act before you suffer any further.

((((((hugs)))),

Dawn