Re :Roll Call Options

iVillage Member
Re :Roll Call Options
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 9:38am
Hi Ladies,

We can try this a few different ways to try and make this easier..

* I can still try setting up a month by month

* We can each sign in individually

* we can sign in under one post.. (i think this is most confusing right now)

any suggestions

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 9:47am
Personally I would like to see the month to month roll call again. I'm not sure if this would be more difficult to set-up, but I think that way it would make some of us a little more comfortable to see a format that we are used to.

Just my 2 cents,

Deann

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 9:48am
We need to do something - it's really hard to click through each entry. Maybe we could try by month? I'm not sure. I'm sure that we'll all get used to this but it sure is different. Just think how lucky all the new girls will be - this will be all they know! hee hee

-janet

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 10:29am
Hey there....I'd really prefer to still use the monthly sign-ins...'cause if we do it individually, only the latest ones show on the main board. Not that it matters too much as long as you use the outline view option. I just find it so confusing to scroll through every single lady out there looking for the ones closest to me (no offense!!).

JMHO,

Christine

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 11:14am
I like the monthly option. But maybe to clarify each day, have "daily-monthly" sign-ins. What does that mean?

3/26 April mommies

3/26 May mommies

etc...

and the next day,

3/27 April mommies

3/27 May mommies

I don't know... that may be a bad idea though. For the most part, our due dates stay the same! DUH!

In any case, monthly is a good idea.

Susan

Susan

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 6:41pm
I think it should be pretty easy if you make each month a separate "discussion". That way you can even post directly from the folder view. And if you go to the outline view you can see all entries in an organized way.

I guess it could get confusing since old roll calls will still show up if you view "All" discussions in a folder. The easiest way out of that would be to have the "1 day" filter selected. Or as was suggested before we need to add the current day to each discussion (August mom's signing in on 3/27, e.g.), but even that can get confusing fast since an old roll call discussion would jump on top if somebody signed in late.

That's actually the one feature that I find the most confusing, that the discussions don't stay in the order that they were entered, but move around depending on the time of a reply. It's nice if you want to make sure you don't miss any replies, but like I said it makes it difficult to find a discussion again.

My 2 cents, Silke

By the way, I really think we can get used to this, it's not as bad as I first thought.

Thanks for doing a great job supporting this new format, Jodi! I bet it's not easy to be the cl right now!!!