FRIDAY ROLL CALL: June Moms post here

iVillage Member
FRIDAY ROLL CALL: June Moms post here
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 7:16am
nt
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 10:19am
Gia & June-Bug (28wk 2dy) ... I had a nice long talk with the head anesthetiologist at the hospital where I will deliver yesterday. Very interesting! I am planning a natural birth but wanted to talk to him about epidurals just in case one is needed in an emergency situation. I figured it would help to know exactly what the process is. You should have heard our heated debate over the use of epidurals! It was pretty hillarious - each of us spouting studies and statistics at the other. I was talking to him on the phone from work - my collegues think I am insane!

Anyhow ... he finally gave up on trying to convince me how wonderful epidurals are and set-up an appointment so that we can talk about alternative pain relief measures (especially for back labor) ie ... subcutaneous water blocks, TENS units, etc. He said if I really am against epidurals and narcotics he will do whatever he can to help me be as comfortable as possible during my labor. He was a really nice guy!

Now I just have to convince my doctor that I would REALLY rather tear than have an episiotomy and then all my arguements will be done way ahead of schedule. Ha!

: ) Gia