4/10 - APRIL Moms - Who's still here?

iVillage Member
4/10 - APRIL Moms - Who's still here?
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 2:45pm
Hi you all! Just thought I'd start a new thread for us April people this week. So who's still here? I'm really bummed that I'm having a hard time with the new board format. It's hard to keep track of everyone.

So Jill's having her baby on Tuesday, right? Has anyone heard from Nomes? I think she would be overdue at this point if she hasn't given birth already.

Lara, Beth, Shannon, et al? Is everyone still here?

Susan

EDD 04/17

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 3:03pm
Shannon (39weeks3ds) yes I'm still here and getting more frustrated as the days go on! My DS was born at 39 weeks so I guess I was expecting the same this time. I just want to hold my baby and know that he/she is healthy. I need some patience vibes!
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 3:38pm
Beth (38w4d) is still here! Haven't progressed since last week, still at 2cm, 50%, baby at 0 station, but apparently has dropped further. I'm not sure how that's possible, but my hips confirm that there's a lot going on in there! Still, I think I'll be around at least another week.

I'm not impatient yet, still have too much work to do (at work and at home)! Plus, my Mom isn't coming until next Saturday, so I'd like the baby to wait until after that!

Sending easy c-section vibes to Jill (and good amnio vibes - isn't that today?), easy labor vibes to Nomes (has anyone heard from her? what happened to her?) and Nancy, and patience vibes to all who are getting a bit anxious! Lara, any idea when your induction date will be set?

Okay, back to work for me,

Beth (edd 4/17, but betting on 4/14 at this point)

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 4:08pm
Silke, 38w1d, not in a hurry to have this baby out either. Had DD's 3rd birthday party yesterday. We had an Astrojump. Instead of the 10x10 that we ordered, we got a 15x20!! OMG, it was huge. We had so much fun with it.

I was exhausted by the end of the day though, glad I can relax now at work.

My only sign of impending labor is that my walking definitely is getting wobblier. My pelvis feels so loose!!

Good luck to all my fellow April mom's and lots of ELV's for everybody!

Silke

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 4:46pm
Sharon, 38w 3d. Not really overly anxious yet although I am past when I delivered DD (38w 1d). I figured since it snowed today, today would be the day I went into labor. You know, snow day in April? LOL The day is still young but, I don't think so. I keep telling myself I am going to go late so if I do go early, it would be a pleasant surprise.

Best of luck to Jill tomorrow!!!!!

Sending tons of ELVs to all of my fellow April Moms to be.

Sharon, edd 4-18

Sharon
Mom to Hana and Rachel, official product testers at

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 5:16pm
Duh. I just realized today is 4/7, not 4/10! I can edit the post, but not the title. Sorry!!
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 10:08pm
Shannon- (((hugs))) and more ((((hugs))) I'm still around too, past my due date, past my "psychic prediction date" and now have hit the annoying time when EVERYONE is asking, "have you had that baby yet?" Hmmm, what do you think???

Grrrrr!

Nancy

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 10:25pm
Nancy (35) EDD 4-5-03 Yes, that WAS Saturday and I know that since this my first time through labor it's like my first birth but... BUT I swear I've been in labor for days! I have back cramps, those front menstrual kind of cramps, shooting pains in my cervix but no regular contractions... SIGH!

And I just want to be left alone but EVERYONE keeps on calling. I turned off the phone at noon on Saturday and got at least 9 messages after that. I know it's just because they care and they're worried about me but I can't handle others now. I feel like such an ogre. Today one of my friends actually gave me a guilt trip for not calling her back- I've now turned off the phone again. PUH-lease! She then tries to have this nice, pleasant, chit-chatty conversation with me while I'm hacking up a lung (yes, I've caught some little cold, not bad but certainly is not making my life happier). CLUELESS!! As my DH so nicely pointed out, "Nancy, she just misses you." At least I didn't yell at her. Then my neighbor across the street *SEES* me and asks, "have you had that baby yet?" NO! WHAT DO YOU THINK THIS BIG FAT BULGE IS THAT I'M LUGGING AROUND???? I said no, and then left it at that. Then she asked, "Well, when is he coming?" and after that lovely question tells me that I definitely want an epidural, it makes birth soooo much nicer, really you don't want to do it with out it. Like somehow it's damaging to the baby if I don't have an epidural. I think my tongue is still bleeding from biting it so hard so I wouldn't say F&*% OFF!

Sorry this check in should have been under vents instead. Hugs and gooey yummy chocolate things to everyone who has made it this far.

Nancy

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-08-2003 - 1:21am
Throw that phone out the window, Nancy!!! Or maybe you can cut the cord...oops, again no pun intended. It will be any day now, REALLY!!!

Big huge giant hugs to you! Silke

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-08-2003 - 5:09pm
Big hugs, Nancy! Can you change the outgoing message on your voicemail? I agree that it doesn't help in the least to know that they mean well - what the h*ll could they be thinking? Sounds like you're having pretty strong prodromal labor, all of which could be contributing to progress when real labor starts. Can you treat yourself to a hot bath or a prenatal massage or a pedicure (making sure they hit those ankle pressure points)?

I hope you're in real (yet fast and easy) labor even as I type this!

Beth (also reaching that grumpy stage - looking for a cave, but finding work instead.)

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-09-2003 - 7:18pm
Heather(27) with Mia at 37w2d. I'm still here but was put on modified bedrest yesterday. So, I'm home from work now!! Hope Jill is doing well!

Pages