How many December mommies?

iVillage Member
How many December mommies?
Thu, 05-15-2003 - 9:05am
Since there are folks in all stages of pregnancy, I was just curious about how many December mommies there are.

I'm due 12/23, and on the December EC board, the ladies are talking about names, baby products, whether you'll find out the sex, the delivery....and I'm not ready to go there yet. It is still SO early...I feel more comfortable waiting at least until I need maternity clothes before I need to start thinking about stuff like that. :)

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-15-2003 - 9:34am
Hi I'm due 12/29. I totally agree with you! You can tell the ones who haven't suffered a loss. I envy that a lot and wish I could be as happy-go-lucky. It's just not possible. I had a 2nd trimester loss with my first so I have a long way to go before I'll even think about names, etc. I still have a hard time believing that I really am pg, that there really is something going on in there. It's like it's too good to be true, you know? Good luck. - Nina
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-15-2003 - 10:14am
I think that's one of the sad ways the loss stays with you. I am happy about my pregnancy, and I have worked VERY hard to stay positive. But that's just it - I have to work at it. Unlike the first time, when I was over the moon and it never occurred to me that something bad could happen.
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-15-2003 - 11:24am
I'm due December 31st. Yikes! New years baby! Trying to stay positive as well. I feel exactly like the last person who posted. I hate that I have to work at it. Miscarried 10 months ago with first pregnancy. Never thought it would happen to me. Was completely thrilled and happy, then bam. Everything changed. I'm nervous every day. Once this first trimester is over, I think I'll be much better. No where near thinking about names right now.
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-15-2003 - 2:15pm
Hi girls,I am also expecting in December (28th) which will be a year after I miscarried. I tried the December EC board too, and was kind of wigged out. No doubt, I am very happy I am pregnant and do get excited about the changes. But I also FREAK out when cramps feel funny, or the morning sickness subsides. You know what I mean: we are holding our collective breath to get past the week we miscarried, then the first trimester mark, then the next gate and the next. I probably won't completely relax until the healthy baby is on my belly rather than in it! But, I do hope all of us can have some fun and enjoy this time, we deserve it!
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-16-2003 - 6:18pm
I am on the Dec Board too and feel the same way. I am due 12-16. I m/c in 11/02 with my first. I am a nervous wreck! My next appt is June 3 - will be my 12 week appt ... I don't know how I will survive until then. ARGH!

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-17-2003 - 11:14pm
Have to agree with everyone- I miscarried in January, and was lucky enough to get pregannt again within a couple of months. (EDD DEc. 26) I was so excited to be pregnant the first time around that I had ordered a crib set and had my "favorite" names picked out (Gotta work on DH to agree with the names). I have found it easier to not get excited about anything. I am coming up on my miscarriage day (DAy 62 and I am on Day 58). Once I get past that hump, it will be a little easier, but I agree that I will probably not get too excited until I get past the first trimester hump. Good luck to everyone on a healthy pregnancy!

Jessi

EDD Dec. 26

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-18-2003 - 7:16am
I agree with all of you. I've had 2 m/c's and have not posted to the December EC, because I'm still holding my breath until 2nd trimester. I'm also holding off telling people until then.

However, I have to say I'm really positive this pg will stick!

GL to us all!

Ange EDD Dec. 30th

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-19-2003 - 4:40pm
I'm soooo with you on that!!!! I'm due on 12/2 -- have had 3 u/s so far and have had some questionable results so I'm very, very cautious!!!

I feel bad because I sound like I'm not excited at all. It just doesn't seem real and I just don't want to get disappointed if something goes wrong. We just told my family last week and they were asking me at a family get-together yesterday, what our nursery theme is going to be!!! Oh my goodness -- I can't even go there yet!!!!

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-20-2003 - 9:07am
hi to every one feel for every one on this subject, i had a m/c july 02 at 13 weeks and am now 11 weeks today evey second of this pregnancy is dragging drs not being very helpful so i rang the ante natal clinic and they have fitted me in for a reasurrance scan this week and I get to keep my u/s the following week, trying to keep positive but really cant help feeling negative cant wait till friday hope it will be good news. I read on another site of a lady who rented a doppler this seems like a very good idea. AT this time in early pregnancy all you can do is speculate so to have a doppler on hand would be very reasurring. Good luck to all and hope to share the ups and downs with you xx
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-20-2003 - 4:35pm
De-Lurking to put my 2 cents in on this one.

I can relate so much to what everyone has said. I had a missed mc in February '03 (11 wks). Dr said to wait 2 cycles but we messed up on that. I am so afraid to mc again that I totally can't enjoy this pregnancy. I have been to the Dec '03 board and have not felt comfortable either. So many times I see people discussing names, labor plans, and even birth annoucements and I want to jump in and say "don't you know what can still happen". Even more upsetting lately has been the posts to the Dec '03 board where people talk about not wanting the pg or terminating. It makes me want to scream.

I'm not sure when I will feel "safer". I guess the first step for me is to get past the 11 week mark. Holding my breath until June 12th appt at 11w5d.

Christine edd 12/27

Pages