In need of reassurance

iVillage Member
In need of reassurance
Thu, 06-26-2003 - 12:16pm
I am 36 weeks pregnant. We lost are Isaiah after 4 days due to pre term labor (Incompetent Cervix). After having a cerclage placed 5 months ago, I am just about ready to have the stitches removed. The Dr. says anytime after that I could go into labor. My problem is, as the day grows closer I keep having bad dreams and have thoughts of all kind of things going wrong. I know God will bless us with a very health and happy baby, but I just keep thinking of Isaiah. Is this normal? Has any one else had thoughts like this right before delivery? What happened? I will be so happy when he is in my arms.

Thanks for your help Lynn

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-26-2003 - 2:28pm
Hi Lynn,

I'm not sure I can be of much help, but I think we all have fears (little or big) that something will go wrong before, during or after labour/birth. Everything will be fine, just think of yourself holding that precious little one and seeing him grow up to become something wonderful. Know that your fears are justified considering what you have gone through... and even women who haven't been through what you have, go through the same fears.

Big hugs!!!!

Tracy