Looking for someone to talk with...

iVillage Member
Looking for someone to talk with...
Tue, 07-08-2003 - 11:54am
Hi Everyone! Wishing you all the best and praying for healthy babies!!

I am new here and I guess just looking for people to talk with that can relate to my situation. I suffered through a m/c last year (11-7-02) at 6 wks with my first child. I was so devastated and sad and angry. Well, I am now pregnant again, just at about 5 wks I believe. My first appointment is on the 14th, so I will find out more then. I am obviously scared to death but I am also extremely optimistic. I only found out the first time due to a missed period (and I was not trying at the time) but with this one, I just knew immediately. I have been experiencing so many signs (sore breasts, achy back, small cramps, and even slight nausea) and I am still quite early. I was worried due to the m/c that my “innocence” of a first pregnancy had been stolen from me and I wouldn’t be able to enjoy getting pregnant again… but I was wrong. I am so excited and anxious. I am scared and nervous as well but I just feel as if this is right for me this time. Is there anyone else that feels this way? and of course I have so many questions…

Kristi

EDD 3-04

M/C 11-7-02

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-08-2003 - 6:11pm
Hello,

congratulations! It sounds as if you're twice blessed, getting pg again and having such a positive attitude! I had a m/c in february and am now 8.5weeks along, and I try to remind myself that we lose babies because their lives would have been too hard had they been born; it's nature's way of making sure things are ok...of course I am rational now but would not listen to reason when I had my loss. 20/20 hindsight!

I wish you a very healthy & joyous 9 months.

Georgie

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-08-2003 - 7:06pm
First thing is first - congrats on getting pg again!! I had a mmc & D&C at 14 wks on 04/14/03. Now I'm 6 weeks in and feeling pretty much the same as you are. I was worried I'd be very unattached but as every day goes by I'm a little more accepting. I am still cautious somewhat - a bit afraid to let my guard down. One thing I felt is that for my family it wasn't quite as exciting for them. I waited to tell them last time but since I mc so late I decided to tell them right away this time. They're afraid to get excited I think - partly for them and partly for me.

At any rate congratulations and I'm wishing you lots of baby glue to help this one stick around.

Cheers!

Vic.

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-01-2003 - 9:58am
Hey, congratulations! I feel almost exactly like you do. I had a M/C on 4/26/03 and am now 6 weeks pregnant. My husband had said after the miscarriage that it has ruined some of the joy of our next pregnancy, at least at the beginning. You know, though, even though I am terrified of losing this one too, and have 4 weeks yet to get past the point where it happened before, I feel more of a connection to this baby than I did with the other. It was more the 'idea' of another child that made it so hard last time, but this time I feel an actual living being inside me, maybe (hopefully) that is a sign that this pregnancy is going to make it. Anyway, you are not alone, and we can all support each other through this tough (and very joyous) time!

Hugs,

Denise

EDD 3/27/04

M/C 4/26/03