very concerned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iVillage Member
very concerned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tue, 07-15-2003 - 5:37pm
Hello everyone. I am at 11 weeks 2 days today and I am very concerned right now. I keep having some weird stomach pains in my lower stomach and this weird feeling in my private. It feels as if it is my cervix. I am so afraid I am going to have another miscarriage, although last time I did not miscarry naturally so I wouldn't know what to expect. Can anyone offer any advice? I called my doctor (who is on vacation), so I had to talk to the nurse and she said as long as there is no bleeding not to worry. She said it is probably my uterus stretching. BUt then she adds " Let's hope that is what it is" Real nice, I felt real confident when I got off the phone with her. What should I do? I am so afraid, because it was this week in my last pregnancy that I found out the baby was gone, he/she had actually died at 8 wks. Also, I would of been due next friday so that is playing on my mind. I know this is long so those of you who took the time to read it THANK YOU> I feel so alone sometimes because no one around me understands my anxieties.

Thanks

COlleen

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-15-2003 - 5:44pm
Colleen,

I was the same way around that week with my subsequent pregnancy. My doc was really cool about the whole thing and did and U/S so I would feel better. Maybe you should see if when they get back they could do one to relieve you're anxiety. Also, good book I got for this pregnancy is "pregnancy after a loss." I am in my 24 week now will keep you in my thoughts.

Michelle

EDD 11-5

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-15-2003 - 6:34pm
Colleen,

First hugs to you. I know how stressed you must be right now. With this pregnancy I had a lot of strange aches and pains in my uterus and cervix area, especially during my first trimester. I think that the uterus stretching really can cause those strange pains and that us PAL ladies are just really in tuned to what is going on with our bodies. If we hadn't had losses maybe we wouldn't pay attention to those things so much.

I can tell you that with my 2nd m/c it was natural and I did have cervical pain about a week or so before the m/c began. However, it was so intense that there is no way I was wondering if something was wrong - I knew there was. I could barely move for several hours and then for the next 10 or 12 I was still in pain and couldn't sit down (and I have a very high pain threshold). Looking back I am sure it was my cervix dilating in preparation for the m/c.

So, I would tend to agree with the nurse that what you are experiencing is just typical pains as the uterus grows. However, I agree that an early u/s would probably help you quite a bit. Hopefully, you can get in and see the doctor as soon as he/she returns from vacation.

HTH.

Michelle

35w2d

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-17-2003 - 6:27pm
Colleen,

I totally understand your fears, I too had a missed M/C and when it came to that milestone in this pregnancy I was a total basket case.

The weird feeling in your lower stomach is probably stretching ligaments, everything around there is going to get a little crampy for a while as it grows to make way for your little one, also are drinking enough water ? I find I get very crampy if I don't drink enough. As for the cervix pain I don't know but do know I get it off and on this time around, almost feels like a pinching.

If you ever need to "Talk know that there is always someone here for you, another GREAT resource is www.gynosaur.com

Lots of calming and reassuring vibes,

Penny & Baby #3 Edd 08/09

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-18-2003 - 11:49am
Colleen,

Is this your first baby? If so, it is definitely not unusual to have those pulling/cramping feelings. It happens with subsequent babies as well but very common the first time. You body is streching out to accomodate the baby. However, if your cramping is very painful and continues then I would call your doctor back. Try not to worry - it is probably nothing! Hang in there!

Kim