New here- Due in March

iVillage Member
New here- Due in March
Fri, 08-01-2003 - 9:38am
Hi, everyone! I am new here and just wanted to say hi. I am so glad to be in here with other Mommies like me. I have a wonderful "almost" 4 year old son, but lost my 2nd darling in the 10th week back in April of this year. I am now pregnant again (conceived on the 4th of July) and really counting the minutes and days until I get past that point. It has been so difficult because I find myself one minute so thankful that I am pregnant again and the next minute not wanting to get my hopes up for fear that I will lost this one too. I never imagined that having a M/C would just turn me around so much! Anyway- I look forward to meeting you all and will just hang in there and hopefully things will go well.

Denise

EDD 3/17/03

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-01-2003 - 10:46am
Hi Denise,

I'm new to the board too! It seams we have some things in common. I have almost 3 year old twin girls, m/c late April and convieved July 3rd! I had no problems with my first pregnancy, I hardly got sick at all, then (while on the pill) go pregnant last March and m/c at 8 weeks April 26th... I had no idea how that loss would effect me. I cried constantly for weeks and was so anxious to get pregnant again. My husband and I were very careful for my first 2 cycles and tried at the start of July not thinking that we would get pregant right away. When I missed my period, I was so excited, I went and bought a test the next day, it was positive, then I got scared. I think it's so aweful that I can't get excited, but I'm so scared. I'm 6 weeks and went to the doc this week, she did an u/s & we heard the heartbeat, which was really reassuring, but I'm still paranoid that I will start bleeding like I did last time. Hopefully my paranoia will go away and I can start to enjoy this pregnancy...

Just thought I'd say hi, good luck to you.

Melissa

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-11-2003 - 10:57am
Hi Denise,

Congratulations on this pregnancy! I too miscarried this year..in February. I think I conceived on July 4th!

I have 4 girls, ages:9,5,4,3.

I get pretty anxious especially since I do not really have morning sickness. I do have the sleepies and sore bbs. My first appt. is not until the 25th of this month. I can't wait!

What kind of symptoms do you have?

Anna

mperona@coin.org

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-11-2003 - 4:30pm
Denise - I think we are all feeling the same way you do. Good luck with your pregnancy and welcome to the board. Everyone here is very nice.

Lisa

mom to Corrin 11/21/98

andrew 5/21/01

angel 2/20/03

baby to be 3/10/04
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-21-2003 - 1:21pm
Hi, Anna! Sorry I didn't respond before now- I don't have many symptoms, actually. I have sore breasts and a little bit of nausea occasionally, usually in the evenings, but if I have small snack every 2 hours or so it isn't a bit problem. Some days I have no symptoms at all- which of course is scary! I saw the heartbeat 1 week and 2 days ago and wish desperately that I could see it again because I am coming up on my loss milestone and I am started to get pretty emotional about it. I ordered a doppler so I could try to hear the heartbeat but I know that I probably can't hear it this soon. Still, you can bet I will spend significant time trying when it arrives!

I just wish I could enjoy being pregnant more than just worrying that everytime I go the bathroom I will see something I don't want to.

Thanks to everyone who said hello! I really love hearing from all the moms out there who have been there.

Hugs,

Denise

Ben 10/14/99

lil' angel 4/03

baby to be 3/27/04

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-12-2003 - 3:55pm
Hi all,

I am new here too. I have been trying to get pregnant for two years now and last August I had a miscarriage (on my anniversary) I was so devistated. I cryed for months and on my due date (my moms Birthday) it started all over again, the crying. It's amazing how it affects you. I was put on clomid for 6 months & NOTHING happened. It was very frustrating. Last month I had a dye test done, where they put a needle in your cervix & shoot dye into it and take X-rays while the dye flows threw your tubes, this is done to make sure there is no blockage in them, The tech told me everything looked fine & that she saw no blockage. I was a little disapointed I wanted that to be the problem. well I took a test on Sept 4th even though my period isn't due untill the 14th, I'm one of those people who CAN NOT WAIT for anything.. LOL. It was Neg. I was a little disapointed but not surprised. Then on the 7th I started cramping which I never do untill the day before my period. So on the 8th first thing in the morning I took another test & to my surprise it was POS. I had to look at it 4 times before I believed it. I started crying & thanking god. I was SO happy. Now I am just counting the days untill I can breath a little better. I miscarried on day 35 last time. Day 35 is this Sunday. If I make it till then I will be releaved... It was good to see other people like me here, it has helped just reading threw all the messages. So Thank-You everyone... Tonya...
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-13-2003 - 7:30am
hey I'm due in March too. I'm 13 wks now, and in April I m/c at 14 wks but at that point the baby was too small to see, even on u/s so it had died a long time before that. I just heard the hb yesterday for 2 secs at my dr's appt, I feel like a giant weight has been lifted. I told myself that after this appt if the baby seemed fine I WILL BE HAPPY and stop worrying so much! So far it's working but it hasn't even been 24 hours! Good luck and I'll see you on the March expecting board too!

ds 5/16/01

angel 4/2003

edd 3/21/2004
Image hosted by Photobucket.com