Other Dec. Mom's?

iVillage Member
Other Dec. Mom's?
Wed, 09-03-2003 - 4:01pm
Hi everyone, I don't post often anymore but love to lurk. Our 3rd baby is a girl due 12-29 (but will be earlier b/c of scheduled c/s). Was wondering how many other Dec. Mommies there are and how you're all doing. This pg is going well so far, although I have marginal previa (no problems from that though and my next u/s is on the 15th to see if it's moved up). At 23 weeks, it's so good to "finally" feel comfortable with making plans for the baby. I know I've seen other Dec. Moms on here before, it would be nice to get to know you and visit!

Best wishes to all,

Cathy and little miss, edd 12-29-03

2 big brothers and

2 angels 12-5-02, 1-21-03

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-09-2003 - 4:30pm
Hi Cathy, I haven't checked this board much lately because there's not too much going on and like you I'm more of a lurker. I'm due on December 28th so we're about the same. I lost my first son at 16 weeks, was a missed m/c and didn't find out til routine u/s at 20 weeks. I've been a nervous wreck this pg because of that and because I developed kidney stones. Yuck huh? But we figured out that I have too much sodium in my diet, so a little change there and I've been stone free for 7 weeks (knock on wood!)Other than that I guess it's been a routine pg. My dr even joked and said I'd have a routine ob appt next time - what a nice feeling. We're having a boy again and we've already named him so I would be able to bond a little better. That has been hard, it's as if I think it would hurt less if I wasn't involved - whatever! I'm really looking forward to December this year. Hopefully everthing keeps working out for both of us!

Nina and Jacob edd 12/28/03

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-09-2003 - 10:49pm
Hi Nina,

Congratulations to you! I *knew* there were other Dec. Mommies here--I'm so glad you posted back! I am so very sorry for your previous loss. This pg I have found it so difficult to relax and not worry, kwim? But I'm getting so excited now that I REALLY look pg and am feeling her little kicks and hiccups. I have another u/s next Monday and can't wait to see how she's doing.

I'm glad your kidney stones are gone--must've been so painful for you. Take care and thanks again for posting back!

Hugs, Cathy and litle miss