Great update on my end but depressed....

iVillage Member
Great update on my end but depressed....
Fri, 10-10-2003 - 11:39pm
I went to the Dr. on Mon. Oct. 6 and the Dr. said that everything looked remarkable. He is keeping me on a low dose antibiotic just for prevention(macrodantin). So far the pregnancy looks well. 9weeks now. My dad went for the results of a biopsy from a tumor on his esophages, and it is cancer. His liver and lungs appear to have leisions on them so he has to go for a PET scan and a liver biopsy and start chemo. They say if the liver has cancer in it, they will not remove the tumor in his throat, but place in a stint and start chemo, if it doesn't and there is no cancer anywhere else in his system they will operate and remove the tumor and start chemo. A pretty big hit for a healthy man who hasn't smoked since 1985. I am extremly depressed b/c he is my dad, my supporter. He is my son's full time -every weekend babysitter- and they are very attached. We just lost our 2nd baby on July 4th and it broke my heart telling him the news. I see great difficulty's telling him anything about his PaPa. The Dr's only give a 50/50 if it is cancer in the liver and they are very sure it is cancer there. I am angry and depressed b/c I am still greiving for my daughter and holding my head up stong and this news just tore me down.

JulieD.

Zachary Austin 2-20-96/2-26-96

Chandler Brady 11-20-98

Melanie Ruth 7-3-03/7-4-03

baby to be 5-15-04

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-11-2003 - 1:09pm

Julie,

I am so sorry for you...you have my deepest thoughts of sympathy with you at this time...to get such wonderful news and then such horrible news is alot to weigh...while I am happy for your wonderful pg news...I am deeply saddened with your father's troubles...I wish there were something I could do to help...and if there is let me know please...I will be praying for your family in this and the pregnancy...and hoping the outcome with your father turns out for the best...again so sorry...I hope that if it is cancer...he is the one that breaks those odds...luv for you and your family dear...please keep us updated on his condition and if there is anything you need...

xxooAngeliaooxx

~Mother of 3 babies~

Angel baby lost August 22, 2000

Ethan born August 16, 2001

Jacob born one month early on February 27, 2003

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-12-2003 - 2:43pm

OH Julie!!!! Sweetie, I am sooo sorry!!!! Its kind of made things anticlimatic hasnt it? You want so badly to be thrilled the baby is doing great, yet your father is so sick.