26 days pregnant and scared

iVillage Member
26 days pregnant and scared
Sun, 11-02-2003 - 12:51pm
hi

i just took a pregnancy test this morning. it came out positive, but the line is very very faint. i know i am pregnant, but i am scared because i miscarried at five weeks last month. right now i am 26 days pregnant. so early i know. i am angry to, because the excited feeling i had last time is no longer there. any advice for me? i am not even due for my period yet, but i had to take a test. i debated whether or not to take it, but in the end, i just have to know. i have to know that if i start to bleed, is it my period, or did i lose another baby.

Thanks

chrissy

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-03-2003 - 10:53am
Hi Chrissy,

I had a miscarriage in April, at 6 weeks pregnant. Now I am two days away from 6 weeks again. It is hard to keep positive about the new pregnancy while worring about what happened the last time. I still have some pain in my heart over my loss, but I have a second chance. I have done alot of prayers over the last 2 weeks. This sounds a bit silly but I thank GOD everytime I go to the bathroom and there is no blood. After all my prayers for this baby to be healthy and to grow and to be born heathy and continue to grow, and have a happy healthy life and walk in the way of the LORD, I have a great peace about this pregnancy. If you do not attent a christian church, I urge you to find one and find your way to the LORD, get saved and pray, pray, pray. GOD is great and HE listens, and knows what we need and what we can handle. My doctor told me the reason women miscarry is because there is something seriously wrong with the baby. Keep your hope and faith that all will be well. GOD bless.

Jamie

xanadu3332

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-03-2003 - 12:52pm
thanks Jamie

it feels good to know someone else knows how i feel. i too thank God everytime i go to the bathroom and see no blood. i tried to explain that to my husband and although he is wonderful and so sensitive, it is hard to understand unless it is your own body. Good luck to you and congratulations! i will be praying for you. i am catholic. before i miscarried, i went to church and had the priest bless my husband myself and the baby. i felt some comfort in that blessing because i believe that was my angel baby was baptized. pretty strange, i felt nervous so i wanted to make sure my baby was blessed.

thanks for your response,

chrissy
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-03-2003 - 2:36pm
Hey Ladies,

You'd be surprised at how many of us experience the same thing. I miscarried at 8W 6D in June and now am expecting and every day is another year for me, well at least that's what it seems like, I too go to the bathroom not only to use it, but I will go just to wipe myself and check for "ya know" - anyways, my husband was hurt by the M/C but still can't feel like I feel because he didn't experience the growth inside him. His support is wonderful but he doesn't understand my paranoia - heck, I don't understand my paranoia either - moving on and taking it day by day - and these are the longest days of my life. Hang in there and keep the thoughts as positive as you can and trust me, this is easier said than done - my last US appt is Wed at my infertility dr and I've already seen my OB for the first time, next time I'll see him is Nov 28 and then I'll have my first OB ultrasound.....

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-03-2003 - 4:59pm
Good luck to all of you ladies! All of us here know what you're going through! It's a day by day, by hour by hour, by minute by minute ordeal we all go through. Once you m/c your perspective is changed forever. I wish I could feel more joyful about my pregnancy. Mostly I'm nervous. And that's just the way that it is. But we all stay strong and hang in there. I'm 13w3d now. My morning sicknes is pretty much gone. In fact, I'm hungry and don't hate food anymore. Docs warned me not to freak out since this was bound to happen, but I freak out anyway. So, I spend much of my day fondling myself to make sure my breasts are still painful! (lol) I also make my beloved look at my breasts and tell me they're as humoungous as they've been since I've been pg. I faithfully take my BBT and make sure to put warm, healing, purry cat on my belly for good vibes. That's the best we can do! There is nothing really reassuring anyone can say, but hopefully you can take comfort in knowing we all hope the best for each other and we all are feeling the same feelings.

Good luck! Hang in there!

Alexeyev

Eva

Lucia (5/10/04) & Tique

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-03-2003 - 7:06pm
i am feeling better. it really helps to know others feel the same way. i am not going crazy and i have learned the fears and emotions are real. i am so sad and sorry we all have gone through this. i really emphasize and feel a real deep hurt for all of you. i know i am so emotional, but that could be just another symptom LOL

chrissy
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-06-2003 - 1:03pm

I am so glad that there are other people who do the same things I do. I walk around rubbing my belly and checking to see if my breast are still sore, and if there has been any darkening of the areola. Boy if the guys read this they would think we were all nuts, lol. Sometimes I think, I can't believe I'm doing this. We all just have to keep praying and put our trust in GOD.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-08-2003 - 8:48pm
part of me is so happy that there are other people who actually understand how scary it is to be pregnant after a m/c - the other part of me is so sad that all of you have had to experience a loss like this.

i lost my first pregnancy at 6w3d in june of this year and am now 5w1d pregnant and completely freaking out - i just went through the calender figuring out each ache and pain i felt with that pregnancy trying to figure out when i could finally relax with this pregnancy - yes this is nonsensical and did not make me feel better - it all comes down to when my first doctors appointment will be and that i won't know until monday because they couldn't fit me in without first asking the midwife's permission (she'll have stay late).

it is nice to vent to a group that understand my concerns - thank you,

kate

pregnancy #2 edd 7/17/04

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-21-2003 - 5:22pm
Hi there! I just found out that I am pregnant yesterday. I had a miscarriage in Febuary 2003 so I can undersatnd how you feel. I am so scared that I am going to start bleeding again, like you said it is very hard to be fully excited when you can only pray you have better ending results! Hang in there!!!
iVillage Member
Fri, 12-12-2003 - 5:05pm
Hi There,

I am where you are. MY Period is expected on Sunday, but I have been feeling strange. Took a couple of tests and faint lines appeared. I have lost 9 babies and have 1, healthy 9 year old girl. I am only 28 years old and I feel like I have gone through a lifetime of pain with these M/C's. I am praying that this one will be healthy like my daughter and that my bad spell is over. I feel like I am going crazy because I can't tell anyone or be excited with fear that I may M/C again. I M/C in February of this year and I was on two shots of heparin per day. Everything looked good and then all of the sudden, no heart beat at 10 weeks. I will say a prayer for you and everyone else on this site, that they will get the healthy, happy pregnancy and baby they desire. It is so emotionally draining, but maybe GOD is just waiting to send us that perfect little angel. Don't get discouraged, think positive and good luck.

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-09-2004 - 7:49pm
Hi!! I am pregnant again after losing a baby in August. I am SO scared like many others that I will go to the bathroom and there will be blood. I can't stand the thought of losing another baby and I am just hoping and praying that this pregnancy moves along smoothly and everything goes ok!!!!

Pages