Worried over nothing

iVillage Member
Worried over nothing
Tue, 11-18-2003 - 12:50pm
I've been lurking here for a few days(just found this board-So glad its here )

By lmp I'm 9w3d By sono I'm 8w today.I had a sono 11-6 with a good hb of 121 .Last night i went for my first appt.My doc(who i like & trust wich is not easy for me ) was to do a pap & blood tests but deciede to wait.He is worried I will m/c again & did not want me to spot from the pap or to stress over the #s .Insted He wants me to go for a 2nd sono 12-2 as long as no spotting starts & the mild cramping i have does not get worse.

Before my appt last night i was doing well ,not worring too much after i saw the h/b.All it took to make me freak again is my Doc saing he to is worried. I keep tying to tell myself that he said things look good so far.I guess i just have to wait to my next sono. Any words of wisdom?Or a kick in the tush,I know i should be happy ,just cant get past this. ......Thanks for letting me vent

Donna

Mom to Allie 7-24-97

2 M/C

EDD 6-30-04

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-18-2003 - 4:56pm
Donna - maybe your Dr is feeding off your fears and is trying to protect you in that respect. I am sure everything is fine. He doesn't want you to worry if you start bleeding after the exam. With my very first pg, my Dr told me there was a good chance I might bleed after the exam, sure enough I did, it totally freaked me out. Fortunately my husband was there and calmed me down telling me the Dr said it might happen. It is easy to flip out, especially if you have had a loss like we have. I am sure your Dr is only trying to protect your feelings. If he was extremely concerned about something he would have told you, ordered immediate ultrasounds or done an exam. Try to relax. LOL

Lisa

Mom to Corrin 11/21/98

Andrew 5/21/01

Angel 2/20/03

Baby to Be 3/10/04