bbailey - 1more day? How are you!

iVillage Member
bbailey - 1more day? How are you!
Thu, 12-04-2003 - 12:00pm
Hey Beth, I hope all is well!!! I haven't heard from you lately. I tried tempting you on the June board to see if you were lurking there yet. I'm mean!

Won't you be 13 weeks tomorrow? Or do I have the dates wrong? My DH has been playing Chess on the internet lately, so I havnet been able to check the boards very much. He's obsessed with this chess thing. But then again, I am not much fun right now, so this gives him something to do.

Please let me know how you are doing! I am 11w4d today. Getting there slowly.

CJ :)

CJ

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-04-2003 - 12:56pm
Hi CJ!

I am always around here. I check this site about twice a day. I almost missed this posting!..I am going to be 12 wks tomorrow...not 13..I wish!!! I have my appt and am a bit freaked out. I will probably listen for the h/b tomorrow before my appt with my home doppler..merely to offput the nightmare I have been having where the dr. looks for the h/b and its not there after I heard it earlier this week...I know still there are no guarantees. I puked this morning..and you think that'd be enough for me, but no, it really never is,,,I still manage to find a way to freak about something

My girlfriend..who is 20 wks along called me and she went to her 20 wk ultrasound and they discovered that she was starting to dialate!!!! They rushed her in for an immediate emergency cercalage and sewed up her cervix. If it wasnt for the chance thing that she had her 20 wk u/s she probably would have lost her baby cuz she was going to go into labor and the drs.told her that when someone dialates in the 2nd trimester there are really no signs that its happened until labor starts..then its too late..and the babies are not viable at that point. Sorry..thats not an upper but I am glad to be aware of it. I am going to have the dr. check my cervix real good tomorrow...This girl had a total cake pregnancy with me two years ago. She is now on bedrest for the reminder of her pregnancy! she was very lucky.

I am glad to hear you are doing well..I am just glad its cold and wintery outside..i have been kind of in hiding from neighbors etc. If it was summer they would have noticed my protruding stomach and I really didnt want ANYONE knowing this early. I think mid Jan is okay. It seems so so far away..heck the holidays seem so far away when you are this worried and anxious.

You wont find me on the June Board..ever. Seriously. Too upbeat for me...i dont think i will ever get over that.

Beth

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-04-2003 - 2:28pm
Hey Beth, glad all is well. I thought for sure you were alot further along than I was. Sorry! I can't beleive your friend, how awful. Ive never heard of sewing up the cervix before. Sounds yucky. But hey if it works! I hope she's ok!

I am dying at work right now. I am so tired, I can't stand it. I am keeping my head up with my hands. Its awful. And my m/s came back within the last couple of days and it alot worse. I am on the verge of t/u but never do. I am ready to be over this part soon. I have to go to a xmas party on saturday. Yuck, I have nothing to wear and can barely stay up past 8. Not looking forward to it.

I hope your appt goes well, please post afterwards and let me know how it went. I wish there was something I could say to help put your mind at ease. But I completely understand your feelings. I try real hard to make this a normal pregnancy and then something happens *spotting* and then I remember what I went through the last time and all those awful feelings come flooding back.

Ok, let me know how the appt goes. I dont have one until the 7th of January. And then I have a Level 2 u/s on the 8th. That should be interesting.

:) CJ

CJ

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-12-2003 - 12:42pm
Beth, are you there? Just checking in. 13 weeks today, Right? How are you feeling?

CJ

CJ

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-12-2003 - 2:38pm
Hi CJ!!!! 12 weeks today?? I thought you were a week behind me...On the boards right now. Yes 13 weeks...and had bad morning sickness this week..until yesterday..of course feeling good today made me feel nervous so I had to break out the doppler. the baby was moving a ton and has "moved up" so to speak and the h/b is no longer near my public bone..so I take it day by day. What about you???? Same thing???? Are you still getting m/s? You seem to be more relaxed than me..i dont know how you do it. The weeks seem to go so so so slowly...dont you agree?? I keep trying to tell myself the week of New years i will be 16 wks..but that still seems so so far away. Also I am going to Florida for XMAS to see the inlaws and cant bring my doppler..so I think I am going to have withdrawls.

Please advise to your condition..mental and physical!

Beth

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-12-2003 - 3:13pm
Your funny! Doppler Withdrawals. Try explaining that one to your friends.hehe Anyway, I will be 13 weeks on Monday, so not to far behind you. I am feeling pretty good emotionally. Still check tp everytime (will that ever go away) Had a quick surprise u/s on tuesday when I went to the doc for something else. He couldnt get the h/b with the doppler so he took a quick peek. That was reasuring!! Still have m/s, headaches, dizzyness and so very very tired. Can barely make it thru the day.

Other than that just trying to make it one day at a time. I am hoping that the second trimester goes much faster than the first one did. Seems like we have been waiting for 13 weeks for ever, huh.

Im so glad you are doing well and that you will be going somewhere fun for the holidays. Please take it really easy and dont over do. Are you driving or flying? I dont think I would feel comfortable doing either at this point. I will being doing pretty much nothing for either holiday. My mom is visiting my sister and brother in Michigan, so it will just be us and the kids. very very low key, which is good!

Take care and let me know how you are doing!

CJ

CJ