Occassional sharp pains and back ache

iVillage Member
Occassional sharp pains and back ache
Mon, 12-22-2003 - 3:35pm
Hey all I am new to this board. I found Out I was pregnant on the 19th of this month and am worried of what the next week will bring. I have had two miscarriages. One was two and a half years ago the same day I found out I was pregnant and the second was this past July when I was about 5 weeks along. With both miscarriages my back ached and I had migraines but with this one no headaches as of yet, just breast pain and peeing a lot like 5 times an hour which means I am also not sleeping well. I am wondering if any of you experience or know much about what aches and pains are okay and when to call a DR. I have mild pains on my right side and also have aching in my upper back but also lower right of back. All I want, just like you all, is to have a healthy, full-term baby. This will be my first child as long as the pregnancy goes to term.

I haven't had testing as of yet for why I have been miscarrying but am on Crinone, which is a pregesterone cream, in hopes that may have been the only reason my previous pregnancies have ended. I am so scared to even have intercourse with my DH for fear it will start a miscarriage (even though they say it won't hurt) as the last one I had was a few hours after we spent time together.

Thanks for letting me speak what was on my mind I am just a wreck trying to stay calm.

Poppy

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-22-2003 - 6:31pm
Poppy,

I had many of the same symptoms you describe during my first few weeks of pregnancy. I definitely had some lower back pain which convinced me I was going to get my period any minute. As long as the pain is not severe, I think it sounds fine. Best of luck to you, SBV and welcome!!!!

Alexeyev

edd 5/9/04

Eva

Lucia (5/10/04) & Tique

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-14-2004 - 11:27am
Poppy,

I am 22 weeks pregnant and still have lower back pain and various aches and pains. This is my first healthy pregnancy so I panic each time I don't feel perfectly fine. My doctor keeps confirming that unless the pains are serious - major menstrual-like cramps, major back aches - and there's not spotting, it's a natural part of the growing baby. At one point he told me it's a wonderful sign and I should be happy I'm achey. Yah right! Anyways, after having 2 m/c's, I worry just as much as the next person so I do a lot of research online and am not afraid to call my doctor and pass the symptoms by him.

Good luck! Sandy : )

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-15-2004 - 7:47am
Poppy

Congrats on your PG. We have all had the same fears and continue to do so. You have come the to right place to vent and ask questions. I feel that any pain you feel is necessary to call a Dr then do so. Hopefully you have a good Dr that can help you through and realizes that you need a little reassurance that things are going OK.

Best of Luck and keep us updated.

Krista

Krista and Gabriel